Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

France Passion

· 
Posted: 02.04.2022  ·  #1
Hi, has anyone used 'France Passion' during peak season? Wondering if it gets very busy and are the places difficult to find as they are generally off the beaten track. Please only first hand experiences and not opinions or heresay. Thanks

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

France Passion

· 
Posted: 02.04.2022  ·  #2
I have manly used them in September, I always check the GPS ref, on the map to make sure it tallies with the address, I've never had too much difficulty, but always make sure to arrive we before dark, because as you say they can be quite remote, I like to try for the ones that do food, or that have English and I have a couple of favorite ones, if I'm in the locality. ( for wine and cider)

Liked by: eirebus, Hymer544

MickyMac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Giottiline T38
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

Re: France Passion

· 
Posted: 03.04.2022  ·  #3
We haven't used it for a few years, but we used it during August and we never had a difficulty getting a spot.

No problem finding the places either. The GPS and address listed were spot on. Most of the participants have the France Passion symbol on directional signs near by.

We stayed in some wonderful places.

Liked by: Hymer544, sprinter

willthiswork
Craic'er
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2022  ·  #4
I hope you don't mind me jumping on this question! Do you know if they generally allow dogs? I'm heading to France for a couple of months at the end of April and I'm trying to suss out my options!

Liked by: sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

France Passion

· 
Posted: 04.04.2022  ·  #5
Quote by willthiswork

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this question! Do you know if they generally allow dogs? I'm heading to France for a couple of months at the end of April and I'm trying to suss out my options!

From the 2018 guide, under do's and don't s item no 7 it states ," ask for permission to let your dogs out, or to use any facilities offered as a convenience ( water, toilets ... ) "
From the 2022 guide, under No 5, " ask for permission to let your dogs "
Obviously if your dog is not completely reliable around other animals , stay away from Farms.

Liked by: willthiswork

willthiswork
Craic'er
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2022  ·  #6
Thanks Sprinter! My dog is pretty good with animals but I wouldn't leave him off leash if there were chickens or sheep or anything that he might chase!

Do you think that it's worth the €30? On the one hand, you'd pay more than that for two nights on a campsite but are you better off wild camping?

benen
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: fiat ducato
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2022  ·  #7
Depends on your needs ,I free camped 5 month France Spain Portugal, used free aires to empty and refill, I didn't need sites have solar 2 leisure batteries ,me and dog no problem

Liked by: willthiswork

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

France Passion

· 
Posted: 04.04.2022  ·  #8
Quote by willthiswork

Thanks Sprinter! My dog is pretty good with animals but I wouldn't leave him off leash if there were chickens or sheep or anything that he might chase!

Do you think that it's worth the €30? On the one hand, you'd pay more than that for two nights on a campsite but are you better off wild camping?

To be honest, I don't know anyone that actually wild camps in France,there are too many good Airs, some of them free, I like France Passion,for meeting regular people going about their business,while making an effort to meet the needs or Motorhomer,s and trying to make an extra few euros, selling their produce, you can end up in places you would not normally think of going to, you can get some nice wine and food, I haven't been in 3 years but I still it's worth while support them.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.