Tramore

Bobo24
My Motorhome: Ahorn
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducato
Subject:

Tramore

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #1
Morning all, just a quick heads up and a bit of a rant, I arrived in my car to the bottom car park in tramore for a morning stroll, saw 4/5 motorhomes parked up with plenty of space between them and everything kept clean and tidy, I then noticed a Garda patrol car with two Gardai driving and stopping at each motorhome to take the reg of each, presumably to 1. Contact the owners and inform them they can’t park there or 2. Hand out a summons for parking over night, I’m absolutely embarrassed as a Waterford man the way that motorhome owners get treated when ever they visit Waterford,surely the gardai should be out catching criminals besides worrying about people parking up over night. It really annoys me in this country that we are told where we can/can’t park and what rivers we can and can’t fish, nature and it’s spots should be free to all who want to enjoy it anyway just a heads up to any of the owners that where there this morning

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Tramore

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #2
Is the carpark properly sign posted to Indicate , over night parking of a motorhome in against the law,?

Bobo24
Subject:

Re: Tramore

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #3
They have small signs with a x going through motorhome signs and a larger one saying it’s against beach by laws but I’m not sure if this would hold up if someone fought it

Liked by: eirebus

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #4
Quote by Bobo24

They have small signs with a x going through motorhome signs and a larger one saying it’s against beach by laws but I’m not sure if this would hold up if someone fought it

Such a sign is not listed in the official manual of traffic signs. The manual clearly states that no signs other than those listed in the manual shall be used.
Therefore, the sign you described is contrary to the regulations and so has no legal standing.

Bobo24
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #5
I wonder has any member ever received a fine either in Waterford or elsewhere? If they haven’t I’d feel a lot better arguing the case if I was ever asked to move on from areas like these!!

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #6
Not that we know off, we even said we'd start a fundraiser for anyone wishing to fight it!

Liked by: Bobo24, ntg

Bobo24
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #7
Brilliant love that idea and togetherness 😁😁

Liked by: Ally, ntg

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #8
Those type of signs have never put me off parking as long as I know that I am not annoying a neighbour or causing an obstruction.
If any of those motorhomes that were parked there are on this forum please let us know of the outcome.

Bobo24
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #9
They definitely weren’t annoying anyone, they were well down the bottom of the car park I just can’t understand the mentality of the local authorities. Anyway good to know that the signs don’t put you off as I’m always second guessing weather to park or not I won’t be as worried about them anymore 👍🙂

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, sprinter

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #10
Quote by Bobo24

They definitely weren’t annoying anyone, they were well down the bottom of the car park I just can’t understand the mentality of the local authorities. Anyway good to know that the signs don’t put you off as I’m always second guessing weather to park or not I won’t be as worried about them anymore 👍🙂

If you would feel safe enough parking your car there overnight then park your motorhome.
Do not put out an awning, no seats of tables outside motorhome.
Take all litter with you when leaving.
It will be difficult for anyone to form a prosecution against you .

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

information

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #11
A good Idea is to always get receipts, for everything you spend when out in the motorhome,
🤔
"your Honor" after enjoying the local amenities, then having a bite to eat and a couple of drinks, (the receipt's for which I can provide), under no circumstances was I going to drive anywhere, I am well prepard to for parking and any facilities provided, it would be better for the locality, if the council provided regulated motorhome parking, instead of blagarding me by dragging me into court, wasting your and my time, for simply exerciseing my rights as an EU citizen to park my motorhome, in an area provided and paid for by your and my taxes.
Like a good scout, always be prepare.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2022  ·  #12
Quote by sprinter

A good Idea is to always get receipts, for everything you spend when out in the motorhome,
🤔
"your Honor" after enjoying the local amenities, then having a bite to eat and a couple of drinks, (the receipt's for which I can provide), under no circumstances was I going to drive anywhere, I am well prepard to for parking and any facilities provided, it would be better for the locality, if the council provided regulated motorhome parking, instead of blagarding me by dragging me into court, wasting your and my time, for simply exerciseing my rights as an EU citizen to park my motorhome, in an area provided and paid for by your and my taxes.
Like a good scout, always be prepare.

Well said Sprinter. And I’ll be first to buy your cookbook when it comes out. 😃

Liked by: Bobo24, eirebus, ntg, sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.