CPAP Machine

CPAP

Tourer
Craic'er
Subject:

CPAP Machine

· 
Posted: 17.01.2022  ·  #1
Hi does any body use a cpap machine in their motorhome when off site,my ResMed Sense 10 drains both leisure batteries in one night.
Just wondering has anyone purchased a alternative power source that is 12V rechargeable.

petereire
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: autoquest 270
Base Vehicle: Talbot express
Subject:

Re: CPAP Machine

· 
Posted: 17.01.2022  ·  #2
There are lots of reviews on you tube about portable power packs uo to 2500wh that people are using,poweroak,jackory eco river ect and all rechargable !

Liked by: Ally

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2022  ·  #3
Yes I do, my CPAP runs off 12v cigarette lighter socket when we don’t have electric, running off leisure batteries, but we have solar panels, except, the heater doesn’t work when using leisure battery (are you using het on machine??)
I don’t generally use heater at home anyway, but this winter I crocheted a cover for the tube, as air felt chilly or condensation.

Tourer
Craic'er
Subject:

Cpap

· 
Posted: 18.01.2022  ·  #4
Thank you for your replies unfortunately I have to use both the heated tube and the humidifier,I have used the sleeve over the heated tube to help save energy,I never preheat when on 12v.
Prior to this I had a
Philips Dreamstation Once you were careful there was no problem with power since I was changed to ResMed Airsense 10 I can't get one night.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

CPAP Machine

· 
Posted: 18.01.2022  ·  #5
With the situation you're in, and you say when off site,is your unit 12vol or are you using an inverter, first you will need to know what is the power usage, in amps per hour. Then look at the battery capacity plus Solar to keep them in charge in low light (winter) you will probably have to add more of each. The Solar people would be the best for to give you advise on doing that.
Tha Jackory tech, say you might get 4.5 hours. Which is not good enough, and even if you had 2, how do you recharge them during the day.
The alternative is a generator.

Grumpy
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: murvi pimento
Base Vehicle: transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2022  ·  #6
Mine is the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto. On 240AC it draws 1.5amps with humidifier at medium temperature. 12v DC it draws 3.75 amps. Humidifier auto switches off with 12v. You can get a dedicated power pack, but it is silly money, i just use a portable 75amp leisure battery.

Tourer
Craic'er
Subject:

Cpap Machine

· 
Posted: 18.01.2022  ·  #7
Hi Grumpy
That is very interesting how many nights do you get out of your 75amp leisure battery?
My ResMed Airsense 10 settings are :
Pressure 9
Humidifier 4
I have to use the heated air tube

Grumpy
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: murvi pimento
Base Vehicle: transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2022  ·  #8
Similar settings - usually get 3 nights use.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.