Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

Irish resident transiting through uk

· 
Posted: 31.12.2021  ·  #1
Hi all. Does any one know what are the rules for an Irish resident transiting UK to use chunnel to get yo France, fully vaccinated with booster Couldn't find clear advice online and waiting on DFA to email me back. Thanks

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Irish resident transiting through uk

· 
Posted: 31.12.2021  ·  #2
I think EU citizens allowed to travel

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.12.2021  ·  #3
EU citizens are fee to travel, but you may need to do the English rules on tests pre departure

RAYZOR
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.01.2022  ·  #4
I traveled back through calais port to dover on the 28th of Dec just gone...french immigration officer said we might have trouble with the brits as it must be essential travel for ,told her we were going home through the UK and heading straight to the ferry in hoyhead...
UK immigration only checked our passports and waved us on,no problem at all...same in dover,just waved us on,we had the UK locator form filled out though which stated we were except from getting a test in the UK as we were transiting by land....all info is on the UK government website about transiting UK by Air and sea.

Liked by: Hymer544

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.01.2022  ·  #5
Thanks rayzor. So no tests at all needed then. Did you get and interest from authorities whilst in transit through France? Did you go over before the latest restrictions,

RAYZOR
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.01.2022  ·  #6
No prob hymer,I was going the other way though...I drove through from Germany, Belgium France and UK on way to dublin..I did see a make shift road block on the border with France and Belgium,it wasn't manned though but could be at short notice.i travelled on the 27th and 28th gone...I had no trouble at either border to my surprise...Best to double check on French and UK government websites though in case there is any changes to restrictions.
I had the antigen test done on the 27th but was only asked for it at Dublin port.i also had the UK passenger locator form filled out online and it tells you on UK government site how to fill it out if you are transiting through...I didn't have to get a test done in UK...I wasn't stopped in France only at calais when I was boarding the ferry.

Liked by: Hymer544

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.