Toll-tag for France/Spain/Portugal & Italy.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2021  ·  #1
Researched toll tags a while ago with the view to getting a tag that worked in all the countries I was going to travel in.
We’ve used the ATMB toll-tag for a few years and it has worked really well, but only in France.
So, after a bit of searching and reading I’ve found a tag that works in France/Spain/Portugal & Italy….. what’s more, it also works for some public parking places in Portugal (not aires, just car parks) . Its called “Bip-n-Go” see https://www.bipandgo.com/en/
It’s pricing structures are very similar as the ATMB tag with a 0.70 cent charge per ‘month of use’ and no charge for months it’s not used. There is an annual charge of €10 if it isn’t used in the proceeding 12 months.
It’s initial cost is €20, that is €10 for the toll-tag and the mounts and €10 for overseas postage. All account details are set up online.
I’ve received mine over a year ago but with the current situation we’ve not got to use it in anger yet.

Thought this may be if interest to some members here who may be thinking of getting the European toll-tag and it opens up the possibility of using it in more than just one country.

ColinM
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Rapido 655F
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Re: Toll-tag for France/Spain/Portugal & Italy.

· 
Posted: 17.11.2021  ·  #2
www.sanef.com

I have used bip&go tags for a few years now, no problems and very convenient. When I drove a car through some of these tool booths , I frequently hit the wing mirrors trying to get close, so when we got the motorhome I thought I would give these a go. No regrets. I have two tags , one for France and one for Spain/Portugal , I'm not sure why I have two, it may be when I got my first one, Sanef only operated in France.

Liked by: JJF, sprinter

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2021  ·  #3
I've got toll tags for here but being a left hooker I've never bothered with one for LHD Europe.
For the few times I've used toll roads the old plastic card does me.

Liked by: JJF

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2021  ·  #4
They do come into their own in RHD vehicles in France etc but having seen some of the carnage queues at toll stations I got an ATMB one and haven’t looked back as we sail through the auto booths

Will have to look at the BIP one for use in Spain although my journey during the summer the AP’s we used in Spain were toll free now

Liked by: sprinter, +deleted user

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2021  ·  #5
If you ever have to travel on the A62 going around Toulouse, then you see the value in a Toll Tag,slow down to 30 kph, and sail through, there must be 20 lanes, it was like an IKEA car park on black Monday, I saw some very nice sports cars, that passed me, about an hour earlier, sitting in the queue, I gave them some of them a toot as the passed again, on their way into Carcassonne. 😁

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #6
Quote by sprinter

If you ever have to travel on the A62 going around Toulouse, then you see the value in a Toll Tag,slow down to 30 kph, and sail through, there must be 20 lanes, it was like an IKEA car park on black Monday, I saw some very nice sports cars, that passed me, about an hour earlier, sitting in the queue, I gave them some of them a toot as the passed again, on their way into Carcassonne. 😁

Did roughly the same route using D road's ,no toll's ,I'm Irish not Russian 😁,relax your on holiday

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #7
Quote by eirebus

Quote by sprinter

Did roughly the same route using D road's ,no toll's ,I'm Irish not Russian 😁,relax your on holiday

That’s alright for all those retired folk with nothing but time. For the working person, with limited time, before we have to get home to earn more money to keep all those with their fat state pension,😬 then the toll roads get you where you want to be, a lot quicker.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #8
Quote by Daffysparks

Quote by eirebus

Quote by sprinter

That’s alright for all those retired folk with nothing but time. For the working person, with limited time, before we have to get home to earn more money to keep all those with their fat state pension,😬 then the toll roads get you where you want to be, a lot quicker.

If you can afford all them tolls then obliviously you're not paying enough tax! :P

Liked by: eirebus, krissovo

mtravel
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Carthago Malibu 600DB
Base Vehicle: FIat Ducato 2.3 140CV
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #9
As far as I know the toll-tag you are talking about works well but with some attention.

- France: it should only apply to vehicles under 3 meters high, limit of Class 2.
- Spain: inquire about its management for vehicles with twin wheels, as far as I know they pay like trucks
- Italy: in addition to toll roads (motorways, some tunnels (not Mont Blanc) and ferries) it handles many parking lots, at least in large towns.
The easy park App is much better.

Max

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #10
Quote by Flipperdipper

Quote by Daffysparks

Quote by eirebus

Quote by sprinter

If you can afford all them tolls then obliviously you're not paying enough tax! :P

Fecking grey brigade, always wanting more. Free loaders, the lot of them 😳😙

Liked by: Flipperdipper

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.