tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Levelling Ramps

· 
Posted: 04.11.2021  ·  #1
I was about to order a pair of Thule levelling ramps, but I've just come across a pair of Fiamma Level-ups online at a much lower price. The specs seem to be much the same, and they both have the three height positions (the main reason I'm changing from my basic Fiammas).
Any reason why I shouldn't go for the Fiamma instead of the Thule?

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Subject:

Re: Levelling Ramps

· 
Posted: 04.11.2021  ·  #2
I bought the Thule ones with my first van roughly 10years ago and still use them three vans later. They are holding up well!

Liked by: tony glenn

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.11.2021  ·  #3
My experience of Fiamma is that they appear to be made from a hard brittle plastic and tend to break.
I have Milenco which are very similar to Thule and appear to be more rubber based

Liked by: eirebus, tony glenn

cowboy70
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Elddis encore 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducat 2.3/ 9 speed auto 140bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.11.2021  ·  #4
tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.11.2021  ·  #5
I'm fairly sure looking at the specs that they're both the same maximum height,...can anyone confirm?

krissovo
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.11.2021  ·  #6
I have had the Fiamma ones for 7 years and they are ok, the van tends to slip down them over time especially on tarmac so they need chocking.

Welcome_28
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 28
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit MK6
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #7
I have a set of Fiamma levelers for the last 3yrs and they are now staring to give way.
One thing to note is if you are using them all the time i.e using then while you van is parked up on the drive over the the winter to help water run off the roof, they are going to be susceptible to weathering and freeze thaw action. So the Thule or Milenco might be a better option otherwise Fiamma would do.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #8
Quote by Welcome_28

I have a set of Fiamma levelers for the last 3yrs and they are now staring to give way.
One thing to note is if you are using them all the time i.e using then while you van is parked up on the drive over the the winter to help water run off the roof, they are going to be susceptible to weathering and freeze thaw action. So the Thule or Milenco might be a better option otherwise Fiamma would do.

For parking up at home I have a pair of homemade timber levellers, made from offcuts of scaffolding planks, which I leave at home.

Paul mcg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #9
Quote by baguette

Quote by Welcome_28

For parking up at home I have a pair of homemade timber levellers, made from offcuts of scaffolding planks, which I leave at home.

Me to and I don't have any levelers in the van I did in the other van we had but rarely used them I don't mind being off level 😅 🙃

Liked by: sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Levelling Ramps

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #10
Quote by Paul mcg

Quote by baguette

Quote by Welcome_28

Me to and I don't have any levelers in the van I did in the other van we had but rarely used them I don't mind being off level 😅 🙃

Keep in mind that some Fridges don't work well if not level.

Liked by: eirebus

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #11
I bought the milenco tridents. Used them once or twice, nearly burns out the clutch trying to get up on them. They are still in the van for emergencies, but I have gone back to the fiammas for everyday use.

Welcome_28
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 28
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit MK6
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #12
Quote by Paul mcg

Quote by baguette

Quote by Welcome_28

😂😂

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2021  ·  #13
Quote by Daffysparks

I bought the milenco tridents. Used them once or twice, nearly burns out the clutch trying to get up on them. They are still in the van for emergencies, but I have gone back to the fiammas for everyday use.

I have a set of Quattro's that I use at home, they are very sturdy but you would nearly need a trailer to bring them around with you, they are huge. like David I use the fiammas while out in the van.

Liked by: +deleted user

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.