TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Clutch

· 
Posted: 01.09.2021  ·  #1
Got off the boat at Cherbourg and when I hit the first hill the clutch started to slip. Its a bit intermittent and doesn't seem to do it on hard load eg foot to the board on an incline. I had no warning but intend to keep going. Anybody with a 2.8 JTD any experience of this

krissovo
Craic'er
Subject:

Re: Clutch

· 
Posted: 01.09.2021  ·  #2
With a "cold" slip as you were just setting off it could have been just a bit of crud preventing the full release. An "Italian Service" can cure that by giving a couple of good stomps on the pedal to free up the release mechanism.

Not on a JTD but on a old VW I have had a broken clutch spring intermittently jamming the release mech from some of the bits that fell off

Liked by: TommyS

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Clutch

· 
Posted: 01.09.2021  ·  #3
krissovo it did it for ages and very intermittent even after hundreds of miles i could still get it to do it. Its like you dip the clutch, change gear and release it. It slips then engages. When going uphill in 5th it might start slipping and if I change to 4th and floor it it works OK. I'll nurse it home and get a new clutch,maybe water pump and timing belt for good measure

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.