Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Same Problem……Different Place….

· 
Posted: 21.08.2021  ·  #2
Yeah. It is a problem.
While that article reads as motorhomes being the problem it’s undertone and consensus leads me to a slightly different conclusion. That is, council inability to understand the requirements, and no doubt refrained from making ‘aire’ type facilities available on the whim of the many campsites and caravan sites that lobby them to make sure that suitable aires are not built.
No doubt it’s ‘political gombeenism’ much like our own country.

Liked by: Paul mcg

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2021  ·  #3
Usual old story John, the council just don't want to be providing facilities for motorhomers.

A spokesperson for NNDC said the problem was not isolated to Weybourne and other public toilets have been "similarly used for the emptying and disposal of wastewater" leading to "increased reports of toilets being blocked are having to be responded to by the Council’s direct workforce and contractors".

The council said while it was "aware" of requests from motorhome users for local authorities to provide “motorhome aire” type facilities - which are popular on the continent, NNDC "does not provide any such facilities at this time and believes that the needs of motorhome visitors can best be met through the large number of formal and pop-up campsites which exist across the district".

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2021  ·  #4
Was in LLandudno last week and witnessed them putting yellow lines the full length of a road to stop motorhomes parking there and then from the local paper a pic of so called motorhomers drying washing (it fails to say the pic is taken by an outdoor swimming/paddling pool which is hammered with bathers.)
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/ne…e-21288902

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2021  ·  #5
baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2021  ·  #6
Not surprising. The two principal clubs in the UK are operators and owners of a huge number of caravan and camping parks, they also operate the CL and CS network.
IIRC the chairman of the CC, now the CMCC, spoke against the concept of 'Aires' at an international meeting of the industry a few years ago.

Liked by: rebbyvid

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2021  ·  #7
North Wales is anti Motorhomes/Campervans and nearly all have restriction between 11pm and 8 am maybe due to the long stayers parked on the seafronts over the last few years , Mid Wales , Brecon Beacons (Powys county council) you can stop in their car parks and overnight although no services , South Wales not sure as i have never stayed there . The Fylde coast on the other hand caters for Motorhomes/Campervans. Lytham, St Annes ,Blackpool (yes Blackpool) Fleetwood all have car parks with dedicated spaces although no services apart from a sluice (£1) in one of the car parks at St Annes.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.