rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

Campingintheforest

· 
Posted: 20.08.2021  ·  #1
Been a member of the Caravan and Camping club for 15 years don't often use their campsites but do use the 5van CS and district meets and holiday sites but have never looked at the forest side of their campsites. As we are going down to Cornwall in September and its a 300+ mile trip thought i would stop about half way down , Not many meets or holiday sites on route at time we are going but found this site https://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/ which i have never looked at before. Part of the C&C but a bit more freedom and a lot cheaper 2 nights here £25
https://www.campingintheforest…l-campsite

Will give a review end of September.

Liked by: petie, sprinter

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Campingintheforest

· 
Posted: 20.08.2021  ·  #2
rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2021  ·  #3
Spent the couple of days at the Postern Hill camping in the forest site close to Marlborough in the North Wessex downs, It was not very busy and you could pic your own spot . The site and facilities were quite decent even though we didn't use their showers,toilets as we don't need them. Weather was not great so parked close to the road to save getting stiuck if we had any big downpours (which we did).Weather didn't keep us in and had a couple of walks in the forest /woods. The site itself has no road walking from Marlborough as the road up to the site is 3/4 mile up a winding road with no pavements. There is a track from the campsite down to the roundabout at the edge of town (with a Tesco) which was passable going downhill but i dint fancy trying to get back up it so after a walk to Tesco we got the bus back , That was a problem as we didn't ask the driver to drop us off at the camp, so after pressing the bell for the stop we found there was no official stop and the next stop was 2 miles down the road in the middle of nowhere. Luckily the driver said stay on until the terminus and i will drop you outside on the way back ( 1 hour later :( ) . Next day we did a similar walk into Marlborough and after a wander around the town( not a lot there and expensive) we got the bus back at 3.30 .Another big mistake as even though we worded the driver to drop us close to the campsite it was school finishing time and i have never been on a bus anywhere with so many schoolkids on it .If the capacity is 70 there must have been well over 100 on this bus and it showed when it started to go up Postern Hill ,( could see why as the next bus was 5.15).

petereire
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: autoquest 270
Base Vehicle: Talbot express
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2021  ·  #4
JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2021  ·  #5
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.