Height barriers

Daffysparks

Subject:

Height barriers

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #1
Main car park in Curracloe is getting height barriers. Not barriers on entire car park. There will be space for day campers 🙄. Also a dedicated beach warden to move us riffraff on.
They are on the radio and paper saying we need to accommodate camper vans, and at the same time they are putting up barriers and creating new bylaws to keep us out.
A complete shitshow of a council 😡

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Height barriers

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #2
Aannddd there is more. They started today with the first barrier. Got it all installed... in the wrong place. Engineer came out. Down it had to come and concrete in the holes.
You couldn’t make it up 🤯

Sojim
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #3
This is a disgraceful move by Wexford Co Council. Wake up to the needs of people who want to holiday at home in Ireland. Welcoming MH owners is a win-win for all. We spend our money locally supporting the local business. Wexford Co Co could charge a basic overnight parking fee to a max of 3 nights. The MH owner in turn could shop in the local shop in Curracloe village for fresh strawberries, spuds and veg. Learn to surf and SUP with the terrific crew in the surf shop at the winning post. Enjoy a pizza and coffee after a long walk and/or swim. It is outrages that so many of the Co Councils are so closed to the impact MH owners can make to a local economy.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #4
Quote by Daffysparks

Aannddd there is more. They started today with the first barrier. Got it all installed... in the wrong place. Engineer came out. Down it had to come and concrete in the holes.

Daffy we have got ass holes like that up here too,the Causeway Coast and Glens have not got enough money to buy toilet roll to wipe their own asses yet they have had contractors restructuring two carparks along the North Coast for the last 5 months and for no other reason other than to make them unsuitable for motorhomes.
I passed them both over the Easter period and what a sight,barriers blown all over the road but I had no problem getting parking a short distance away.
It is always good to stop where you are welcome.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, Nancy On Tour, panda, sprinter, Whelaneil, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #5
Quote by ntg

Quote by Daffysparks

Daffy we have got ass holes like that up here too,the Causeway Coast and Glens have not got enough money to buy toilet roll to wipe their own asses yet they have had contractors restructuring two carparks along the North Coast for the last 5 months and for no other reason other than to make them unsuitable for motorhomes.
I passed them both over the Easter period and what a sight,barriers blown all over the road but I had no problem getting parking a short distance away.

Absolutely Norman. When anybody asks me where to go... I tell them to head west. The further the better. They know how to welcome tourists there

Liked by: Comet, ntg, panda, sprinter

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #6
The onus is on us all to point true Motorhomers to areas where they will be made welcome and spend their hard earned money.
I had a few days out over Easter and observed the social distancing rule but felt welcome in the places I decided to stop at.
With a road legal Motorhome there will always be places to stop, let us support those towns,villages and businesses.

Liked by: fairytreehouse, panda, Paul mcg, sprinter, Whelaneil, +deleted user

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #7
Kinda knew the writing was on the wall after our couple of stays there last year....oh well :(

Liked by: ntg, Whelaneil

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #8
Quote by panda

Kinda knew the writing was on the wall after our couple of stays there last year....oh well :(

It was you 😳😳😂
They are intimating that it is to protect the dunes.... as campers may be lighting fires🤯. Ffs they cannot even differentiate between lads in a tent and a fully self sufficient Motorhome.
Would you be well.😤

Liked by: CHAUSSON, Whelaneil

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #9
Just curious is that the spot that the lads in the rented motorhome emptied the Casette in the grass before they left last year?

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #10
:lol: .....Even though its a lovely beach and area I felt it was too busy.....Wasn't planning on going back anytime soon anyway....This latest news puts that to bed 8-)

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #11
Quote by mad max

Just curious is that the spot that the lads in the rented motorhome emptied the Casette in the grass before they left last year?

No John....That was Brittas bay South Carpark Co. Wicklow.........They have barriers too but open them during the day....They close them in the evening but turn a blind eye to Motorhomes who stay overnight......Good spot.

Liked by: adria, CHAUSSON

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #12
Quote by panda

No John....That was Brittas bay South Carpark Co. Wicklow.........They have barriers too but open them during the day....They close them in the evening but turn a blind eye to Motorhomes who stay overnight......Good spot.

Happy days,
Thanks for that John 👍🏻

Liked by: panda

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #13
I was in dungarvan last year and seen a lad emptying his cassette into the sea under cover of darkness. Allowed I’d mention it to him in the morning, when cooler heads would preside. But when I got up... he was gone.

Liked by: ntg

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #14
Quote by Daffysparks

I was in dungarvan last year and seen a lad emptying his cassette into the sea under cover of darkness. Allowed I’d mention it to him in the morning, when cooler heads would preside. But when I got up... he was gone.

Incredible isnt it?......Love Dungarvan :up:

Liked by: ntg, +deleted user

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #15
Quote by Sojim

This is a disgraceful move by Wexford Co Council. Wake up to the needs of people who want to holiday at home in Ireland. Welcoming MH owners is a win-win for all. We spend our money locally supporting the local business. Wexford Co Co could charge a basic overnight parking fee to a max of 3 nights. The MH owner in turn could shop in the local shop in Curracloe village for fresh strawberries, spuds and veg. Learn to surf and SUP with the terrific crew in the surf shop at the winning post. Enjoy a pizza and coffee after a long walk and/or swim. It is outrages that so many of the Co Councils are so closed to the impact MH owners can make to a local economy.

You mean Wexford Co. Co could do what Cork Co. Co. has done in Cobh, Bantry and Castletownbere and what Waterford Co. have done in Dungarvan.
Now wouldn't that be a novel idea :o :P

Liked by: panda, Paul mcg, +deleted user

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2021  ·  #16
Quote by ntg

Quote by Daffysparks

Where are the new barriers on the Causeway Coast? I know they put some up at Whiterocks but now there are more? I try to go to the north coast when I can but now I have to have the wife follow me in the car with the kids so we can actually visit anywhere because of the barriers. I may as well have a caravan.. We used to love taking the Motorhome to Whiterocks for the day but can’t do that now.

Liked by: panda

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #17
One step forward, two backwards.

Unfortunately MHs still have certain stigma and when the average joe start seen them parked in "their spots", councils receive way too much noise and they have no choice but to take action.

Hopefully, they do realize in the next few months that MHs popping up are also locals/voters and most likely bring much more €€ than the complainers.

Liked by: baguette, eirebus, ntg, panda, Paul mcg, +deleted user

MerlinTheMotorhome
merlinthemotorhome
My Motorhome: Compass Avantgarde
Base Vehicle: Peugeot
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #18
Height Barriers have been added to the wee carpark (The Woods Car Park) at the bottom of Tandragee, just off the Markethill Road.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Height barriers

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #19
Quote by RTV

Unfortunately MHs still have certain stigma and when the average joe start seen them parked in "their spots", councils receive way too much noise and they have no choice but to take action.

Hopefully, they do realize in the next few months that MHs popping up are also locals/voters and most likely bring much more €€ than the complainers.

Sorry to disagree with you, Rami, but they do have a choice, they are not elected, they cannot be sanctioned,in any way, or be held to answer for doing or not doing anything, they are the ones who dislike Motorhomers because they might just have to do a bit "extra work". they ignore other complaints, and claim not to have the money or staff, when you ask about Footpaths, whitelining, Hedge cutting, grass cutting, roadside cleaning, but yet they listen to begruggers,

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #20
Quote by gavster1

Quote by ntg

Quote by Daffysparks

Where are the new barriers on the Causeway Coast? I know they put some up at Whiterocks but now there are more? I try to go to the north coast when I can but now I have to have the wife follow me in the car with the kids so we can actually visit anywhere because of the barriers. I may as well have a caravan.. We used to love taking the Motorhome to Whiterocks for the day but can’t do that now.

Gavin it is not height barriers that I am referring to this time, it is two Carparks along the coast between Portrush and Ballycastle.
The first one is at dunluce between Portrush and Bushmills and the second one is between Ballintoy and Ballycastle,the new layout seems only to favour car parking without having to cross about 3 car parking spaces to get a longer vehicle parked.
I would love to know the budget for these two projects.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #21
If it is at Dunluce castle they needed to do something as you can hardly park a bicycle there on a busy day. Buses usually stop in the middle of the road on the chevrons and tourists all pile out and run across the road to take photos of the castle.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #22
Quote by gavster1

If it is at Dunluce castle they needed to do something as you can hardly park a bicycle there on a busy day. Buses usually stop in the middle of the road on the chevrons and tourists all pile out and run across the road to take photos of the castle.

It is not the car park at the castle, it is the one overlooking the cliffs just before that.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #23
Quote by ntg

Quote by gavster1

It is not the car park at the castle, it is the one overlooking the cliffs just before that.

Ah, Magheracross. Cheers Causeway Coast and Glen Council. Hope they put more bins in to take all the chip wrappers the car drivers throw out and the crows pick trough.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2021  ·  #24
Quote by sprinter

Quote by RTV

Sorry to disagree with you, Rami, but they do have a choice, they are not elected, they cannot be sanctioned,in any way, or be held to answer for doing or not doing anything, they are the ones who dislike Motorhomers because they might just have to do a bit "extra work". they ignore other complaints, and claim not to have the money or staff, when you ask about Footpaths, whitelining, Hedge cutting, grass cutting, roadside cleaning, but yet they listen to begruggers,

Nothing to be sorry about bud, you have a valid point there and we certainly agree that they're a bunch of useless *instert expletives*

Liked by: sprinter

Sojim
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2021  ·  #25
Any update on the ridiculous barriers that are being erected in the Curracloe (Wexford) carpark? Can't believe MHs will not be welcome to stay a night or two in
this lovely public place. Hard to believe that Councils are happy to deny the local economy our monetary input.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2021  ·  #26

Friend sent me this....looks like we can still park in the entrance side of the carpark.....beach side will be a no go.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2021  ·  #27
Yes you can park there for “day” visits. The warden will be around to move you on in the evening apparently
Gobshites.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2021  ·  #28
Quote by Daffysparks

Yes you can park there for “day” visits. The warden will be around to move you on in the evening apparently
Gobshites.

Well....thats curracloe well and truly f@cked so😪

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2021  ·  #29
Aye and they on the paper talking about providing parking for campers 🤯

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2021  ·  #30
The more I see of Ireland and it’s backward attitudes the more I want to just get to the ferry port and get to f*** out.
It’s just so refreshing to tour in places like France, where we are welcomed and valued.
Sad really that we are vilified and driven out of the country we help build..... but I guess that Ireland’s loss will be the continents gain.
I don’t think I’d bother having a motorhome if I was relying on this country for touring in, getting to the point where it isn’t worth it anymore.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2021  ·  #31
Quote by JJF

I don’t think I’d bother having a motorhome if I was relying on this country for touring in, getting to the point where it isn’t worth it anymore.

I get that feeling myself sometimes. Especially last year when just coming out of the first lockdown and new height barriers went up on the north coast. Really can’t take the van on day trips. I think it will be mayhem again this year. All I see are posts on Facebook of people with new vans asking for wild camping stop overs.

Sojim
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2021  ·  #32
We can take the car on a day trip but generally when we take our MH we have plans to stay the night in various venues around the country.

WAKE UP COUNCILS around the country you need to provide facilities for all people who wish to holiday in Ireland.

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2021  ·  #33
I know I am going to castrated, hung drawn and quartered but compared to what we have in the England and Wales re not HAVING to use a campsite where you guys live you have been spoilt.
I would guess that there are less than 5% of carparks where overnight parking is permitted.
Maureen is never happy wilding when we come over and I am guessing it is because you are dicing with trouble if you try it over here.

Liked by: sprinter

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2021  ·  #34
These councils do not seem to have the brains to tell them that they probably have this year and next to impress on campers how welcome this country is.
After that the continent will be the way to go again and they can get stuffed and stuff their height barriers and ballards up their ass.
Once the chance is lost it will be someone else's gain,and there will always be places of welcome to people who have money to spend.
For me i am willing to give it a try but once I decide I have had enough of these imbeciles then I will never beg for the opportunity to spend my money.

Liked by: JJF, JMAC, sprinter

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2021  ·  #35
Update on Curracloe. The bollards they have fitted to segregate the car park are the flappy bendy type. They will be as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike in keeping the cousins out. 🤯. You couldn’t make it up.

Liked by: ntg, panda

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2021  ·  #36
Quote by Daffysparks

Update on Curracloe. The bollards they have fitted to segregate the car park are the flappy bendy type. They will be as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike in keeping the cousins out. 🤯. You couldn’t make it up.

Fair point David but implementing rules against the country cousins would be discrimination,it is much easier to harass the law abiding citizen who earns an honest crust and if fined will probably do the honest thing and pay.

Liked by: baguette, eirebus, sprinter, +deleted user

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2021  ·  #37
Quote by ntg

These councils do not seem to have the brains to tell them that they probably have this year and next to impress on campers how welcome this country is.
After that the continent will be the way to go again and they can get stuffed and stuff their height barriers and ballards up their ass.
Once the chance is lost it will be someone else's gain,and there will always be places of welcome to people who have money to spend.
For me i am willing to give it a try but once I decide I have had enough of these imbeciles then I will never beg for the opportunity to spend my money.

We’ve only a few years motorhoming and feel exactly the same Norman.
The continent is so welcoming, especially France with its open arms welcome for motorhomes.
Ireland hasn’t learned that they only get one chance to make a first impression, I’d never encourage our European/UK motorhome users to come here......... why the hell would we, they are not wanted here just the same as the indigenous motorhomer is not welcome either.

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, winkie, +deleted user

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Height barriers

· 
Posted: 13.04.2021  ·  #38
Quote by JJF

Quote by ntg

We’ve only a few years motorhoming and feel exactly the same Norman.
The continent is so welcoming, especially France with its open arms welcome for motorhomes.
Ireland hasn’t learned that they only get one chance to make a first impression, I’d never encourage our European/UK motorhome users to come here......... why the hell would we, they are not wanted here just the same as the indigenous motorhomer is not welcome either.

I recently spent 3 nights in a wine shop car park. and had a nurse call by on the first morning at 8 am to do a Covid test.
and overheard a trucker been told, you are less likely to pick up an unwanted passenger parked over
there, then in the docks.
Do you need to be told where I was ?

Liked by: JJF

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2021  ·  #39
Folks can I ask if there are any councillors ,people who know councillors,or anyone wishing to defend these despicable actions who would wish to come on here and debate these activities.
I know the silence will be deafening as guts are not plentiful with these idiots.
Pleasing nearby caravan sites would be more in their nature, well for me it will take more than a stupid sign saying (no motorhome overnight parking) to send me home.
We need to support the first motorhomer who is issued with a fine for parking,let us see their bylaws.

Liked by: eirebus, Galldar, JJF, Nancy On Tour, panda, sprinter, +deleted user

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Height barriers

· 
Posted: 13.04.2021  ·  #40
our main problem is not height barriers or signs.
It is simply that, we are too law abiding, Is there a fee to become a of the travelling community ?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.