Who is going

marineboy
My Motorhome: Rapido
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Stendhal 2021

· 
Posted: 18.03.2021  ·  #1
Glad to see Stendhal 21 on-line booking has gone live. Two events this year, July and August. We booked August since July might be a bit early. https://www.stendhalfestival.com/
Great festival and great facilities for moho’s

Liked by: panda

maineside
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Tribute
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Stendhal 2021

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #2
We are booked for August

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #3
Personally, after going to it from its infancy I wouldn't go back.

It has never progressed to be anything else, never learned from its mistakes and still to this day is not a festival I would recommend.

I shouted about it from the rooftops when I first went (on my own), I then brought loads of Motorhome owners to it hoping it would find it's path and age as festivals do to it's nice niche in its own right.

There were three motorhomes, myself in one.

Instead it's a commercial entity more interested in selling you warm cans of overpriced beer. Being ran by two landlords, it's not surprising.

As a music festival goer of more than 20 years, I think I'm qualified to draw a conclusion.

It all boils down to one thing:
Glastonbury have been doing it since 1970, do what they do or **** off.

Personal view. 🧐😘

stu8rty
Craic Addict
Homepage: belfastflyers.com
My Motorhome: Lunar champ H621
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8 2005
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #4
Been to it twice and I have to agree with Ally about the overpriced pints and the airport style security search upon entering to prevent you bringing your own stash in :-( but they did have good artists playing and with missing out on other music festivals over the last year i might give this one a try again.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2021  ·  #5
I thought the Motorhome tickets were all sold out anyway? Not one is ever planned to go to anyway. With a young family Dalriada in Glenarm suits me better and is laid back. Still search for booze stashes on the way in of course.

Liked by: Ally

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2021  ·  #6
Quote by gavster1

Still search for booze stashes on the way in of course.

Point is, why?

It's an amazing fete of nonesical (sp?) attitude trying to capitalise on a captive audience. When in fact it does exactly the opposite.

I am solely responsible for Sunflowerfest allowing punters to bring in their own alcohol (no glasses, sensible actions...etc). I whinged like only I can do 😉

After the first year of "freeflow", the organisers were asked how it worked out. "we sold more beer at the bars"

Festival goers consume alcohol, it goes without saying. Restricting them and searching them like children doesn't have the effect they want. Years of experience teaches us that. Something Stendhal and Dalriada hasn't learned yet. Glastonbury has those years.

Sunflowerfest and Vantastival are the best festivals in Ireland/NI. #freeflow

Not only does it allow free flow and promotes beer sales it stops those in campsites getting pissed up drinking their own cans and then entering the festival. Allowing them in with their own cans populates the stages quicker, creates a better atmosphere and cuts down on the huge amount of expenditure on security trying to stop you in the first place.

Next what happens...... Everyone is having such a good time, they runout of beer and go and buy pints.

I reiterate.... If Glastonbury is doing it...... 😁

Liked by: JMAC

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2021  ·  #7
We have been three times now and as Ally has said don’t think I would go back two reasons for me saying that are 1, the attitude of the security staff has been disgraceful and has got worse over the years, putting a bad feeling on what should be a great happy family friendly experience 2, the price, it has started to sky rocket, from what was an affordable festival with some good artists to being ridiculously priced, the last time they charged a fee for arriving on the Thursday night with the promise of some acts performing or no fee and no entry until Friday, well guess what no acts appeared on the Thursday night and they let everyone in on the Thursday night. The amount they are charging for a campervan when we have all services on board compared to the tents with nothing is just greed, now they are splitting it over two weekends but are charging higher prices than the last time for one weekend......I won’t be back

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2021  ·  #8
I forgot another, Body & Soul tried the opposite of sensibility and it failed for them also. It's now freeflow and has been since 2013 IIRC, it is so much more a nicer festival because of it.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2021  ·  #9
Quote by the fat controller
1, the attitude of the security staff has been disgraceful and has got worse over the years, putting a bad feeling on what should be a great happy family friendly experience

To be fair. I know the security firm responsible, they are the same firm that does the security at Sunflowerfest. The reason they are over zealous in my view is because at Stendhal they are told too.

At Sunflowerfest the more relaxed atmosphere created by the more relaxed and sensible approach to festival goers is what creates a better atmosphere. Stendhal management need to grasp this

I have built up a good relationship with the security at Sunflowerfest, not without its beginning hiccups mind you 😁

They are great guys and doing a good job. Security get the blame for enforcing the rules put on them by the organisers.

Sunflowerfest and Vantastival have it to a T, so good that security is barely needed whilst being a crucial part of the festival. Security should be seen but never heard until they are needed. Better festivals know this.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.