Some pics added regarding updates needed and welcome handy tips regarding solving these few issues

Killerwhale
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Fiat Ducato Burstner Motorcaravan
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

New side bumper and door crack going into van ( just inside panel)

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #1
Hi,
So doing a few alterations before get on the road so will be ready after lockdown. Tis my fist motorhome and thrilled.

Need a sink for bathroom to update other. For that matter anyone know how much it would cost to update whole bathroom in my motorhome and whom does this near sligo. Is it straightforward could I do it myself.

Need a new mattress cover for the fixed double bed? Any suggestions where to buy?

Inside panel on door ( not driver door) has a crack and would like to fix it. Whom to ask or where to go?

Side bumper on door side ( not driver door) has a crack would like to replace so what best thing to do here for my model van.

Also if wanted to re wallpaper the inside of the camper it’s actually nice as is but there are a few marks who does that also near my location. What tradesperson am I looking for? What type of product or paper do people use.
Be delighted if anyone could advise.

Thanks again
KW

Liked by: sprinter

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Re: New side bumper and door crack going into van ( just inside panel)

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #2
Welcome ,A lot of questions will try and go through a few of them ,it would help if you could upload a few photos of the parts that you need or want to fix ,the sink you could probably get from a caravan breakers is your bathroom /toilet one unit ,what is wrong with the sink in the van , Mattress cover you can pick up at any shop that does bedding ,the crack inside the door is it very bad ,it can be fixed but you need to take the panel of and put a bit of fibreglass on the back to help stiffen it up then fill the crack with filler and respray , never heard of wallpapering the walls if it where me I would probably paint it ,hard to say anymore without seeing photos ,but with this lockdown you’ve got lots of time to get your work done 😁👍

Liked by: sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

New side bumper and door crack going into van ( just inside panel)

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #3
Quote by Killerwhale

Hi,
So doing a few alterations before get on the road so will be ready after lockdown. Tis my fist motorhome and thrilled.

Need a sink for bathroom to update other. For that matter anyone know how much it would cost to update whole bathroom in my motorhome and whom does this near sligo. Is it straightforward could I do it myself.

Need a new mattress cover for the fixed double bed? Any suggestions where to buy?

Inside panel on door ( not driver door) has a crack and would like to fix it. Whom to ask or where to go?

Side bumper on door side ( not driver door) has a crack would like to replace so what best thing to do here for my model van.

Also if wanted to re wallpaper the inside of the camper it’s actually nice as is but there are a few marks who does that also near my location. What tradesperson am I looking for? What type of product or paper do people use.
Be delighted if anyone could advise.

Thanks again
KW

A bit more detail as to what your camper is model year etc and as hilton9 says some photo's of the issues would help us to help you.
You have another post and mentioned Carlow, there is a caravan breaker in the area, for your bathroom requirements.

Killerwhale
Craic'er
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

See pics attached and Motorhome is Fiat Ducato Burstner

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #4
I uploaded the pics, Thanks for the replies

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Re: New side bumper and door crack going into van ( just inside panel)

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #5
If you go on YouTube you should find someone who will show you how to remove the side skirt and I’m sure there’s someone who will show you how to repair it ,must look it up myself .

Killerwhale
Craic'er
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Some pics added regarding updates needed and welcome handy tips regarding solving these few issues

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #6
Hi All,
Thanks for your comments so far. Here are the pics as requested.
Kind regards,
KW
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Some pics added regarding updates needed and welcome handy tips regarding solving these few issues

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #7
Killerwhale
Craic'er
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Some pics added regarding updates needed and welcome handy tips regarding solving these few issues

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #8
Thanks

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.02.2021  ·  #9
Quote by Killerwhale

I uploaded the pics, Thanks for the replies

those panels usually come off with clips from inside...but I would resist taking them off as the brittle clips break easily and you could do more damage....I did! You might also struggle to get replacements parts, I quoted from Donaghey's for similar a couple years back and they hunted their suppliers without success. As for wallpaper, my view if i was a van viewer, is that something was being covered up perhaps and it might look suspect...just a thought. Sink wise, Donaghey;s could get you the OEM sink perhaps, but again they might struggle to source one,,,and the price would be crazy if they did.

Liked by: Killerwhale

Killerwhale
Craic'er
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.02.2021  ·  #10
Hymer, Thanks for your informative reply. Those items are good to know. Appreciated

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.