Camper repair

papaveroann
Subject:

Camper repair

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #1
Firstly can’t do diy!! Anyone recommend someone in cork good at camper repairs? Thanks

Anybody had work done recently by mitchelstown campers? Seems to have been taken over a few months ago??

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Camper repair

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #2
Quote by papaveroann

Firstly can’t do diy!! Anyone recommend someone in cork good at camper repairs? Thanks

Anybody had work done recently by mitchelstown campers? Seems to have been taken over a few months ago??

I would recommend Camper World in Midleton. They have done excellent work for me and friends of mine. I would go back anytime.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #3
Folks at camper world just installed my roof rack, they did a good job.

Only down side was putting up with their personalities, I think in my case because they're not fans of the Rollerteam vans and the old man spent a good 10' telling me how shite my van was. The other guy that seems to be in charge now he eventually realized that I wasn't too impressed with their tune so eventually he focused on the task at hand and again, he did a good job with a quick turn around.

My wife wanted to walk away, I'm a bit more thick skinned and there's unfortunately no other options around, but if I had other options I most likely woy have walked away.

So yeah, hopefully you don't have a rollerteam van and have one that they like better or willing to put up with their attitude...

Liked by: sprinter

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #4
You’d wonder why these boys can’t just be professional,do the work,leave a good job, and just keep their opinions ,and move on on to the next man

Liked by: ntg, panda, Whelaneil

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #5
Quote by RTV

Only down side was putting up with their personalities, I think in my case because they're not fans of the Rollerteam vans and the old man spent a good 10' telling me how shite my van was.

How in hell do these guys manage to get customers with that attitude????????......Incredible :o

Liked by: ntg, sprinter, Whelaneil

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #6
Some of them can’t help themselves, talking machines

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #7
I got some solar and other stuff done in Oct there by leisure tech, no messing, no talking for hours, professional, job done, drive away that’s it simple

Liked by: panda, TommyS, Whelaneil

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #8
I know, their business model is completely beyond me...

In my case, I needed/wanted the roof rack ready for the little opening window we had during the xmas break and not having a tall enough ladder plus the piece of mind of not having to drill the roof myself, had to power through their bulls%$&t and pay. But it certainly didnt let me wanting to go back to do other jobs and I would be willing to pay otherwise.

Where is Leisure Tech?? Not familiar with them.

Liked by: panda

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #9
Rami, for every person dispousing your Roller team van , you will find another extolling it’s virtues. Had that have been me; I would have said, I’m asking you to fit a roof rack, not a running commentary as to why you find them too difficult for your capabilities to work upon.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #10
Quote by RTV

LTS are in Lisburn between Co Antrim and Co Down.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #11
Quote by RTV

In my case, I needed/wanted the roof rack ready for the little opening window we had during the xmas break and not having a tall enough ladder plus the piece of mind of not having to drill the roof myself, had to power through their bulls%$&t and pay. But it certainly didnt let me wanting to go back to do other jobs and I would be willing to pay otherwise.

http://www.leisuretechnicalsolutions.co.uk/
One of our advertisers

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #12
Quote by panda

Quote by RTV

Only down side was putting up with their personalities, I think in my case because they're not fans of the Rollerteam vans and the old man spent a good 10' telling me how shite my van was.

How in hell do these guys manage to get customers with that attitude????????......Incredible :o

I can't speak for their personalities, I never had any dealings with them but I have friends in Cork that absolutely swear by them.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #13
Quote by panda

Yes, they will call a spade a spade but apart from that, they have a reputation for doing quality work which you can have confidence in.
They also seem to know the reputations of the various marques and models and will speak honestly. It is unfortunate if you happen to be the owner of a mh which might not have the best reputation for build quality.
A good friend of mine avoided spending €35k on a mh he and his wife thought ticked all the boxes which after a check over by one of the staff in Camping World was found to have bad water ingress issues, issues which the particular model was known for.
My personal experience is good in that they identified and sorted a serious problem on my mh which was missed by a more 'polished' operation.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #14
Its one thing giving advice to a potential buyer of a particular marque, but to verbally ridicule a paying customers van that he just purchased is totally wrong and un-professional imv.

Liked by: <BM>, ntg, Stacks, TommyS, Whelaneil, +deleted user

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2021  ·  #15
Quote by eirebus

Quote by RTV

One of our advertisers

Ah right... yeah, that's definitely not an option for me then, I thought it was a spot in Cork.

Quote by baguette

Quote by panda

Yes, they will call a spade a spade but apart from that, they have a reputation for doing quality work which you can have confidence in.
They also seem to know the reputations of the various marques and models and will speak honestly. It is unfortunate if you happen to be the owner of a mh which might not have the best reputation for build quality.
A good friend of mine avoided spending €35k on a mh he and his wife thought ticked all the boxes which after a check over by one of the staff in Camping World was found to have bad water ingress issues, issues which the particular model was known for.
My personal experience is good in that they identified and sorted a serious problem on my mh which was missed by a more 'polished' operation.

Well... camper world is definitely a "polished" operation :D

In my case, after talking all that shite not only about the brand but about my van and how much problems it was going to give me, the feedback after the work was done was that my MH was in fantastic shape so, why spend 20' before that talking sh*t about my van in the first place when you don't know it.

It would have been more understandable if I was asking them for advice to buy or fair enough if you don't want to work on certain brands, but to put my pride and joy down (without even really looking at it) just because, I don't see the point.

Quote by panda

Its one thing giving advice to a potential buyer of a particular marque, but to verbally ridicule a paying customers van that he just purchased is totally wrong and un-professional imv.

100% agreed.

Liked by: panda

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2021  ·  #16
Quote by panda

Or perhaps they might just have been giving the owner a heads up on potential weak points of the model and unfortunately not being very diplomatic about it.
In my case the issue identified turned out to be what could be described as a 'weak point'. I'm sure, armed with that knowledge, other owners of the same or similar models who came to them for work and/or advice would be appraised of possible similar issues.
Personally I would prefer dealing with an honest dealer/repairer who would give me any bad news straight up, saving me money in the long run, rather than one who would give me bs and coffee.

Liked by: Bounder, sprinter

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2021  ·  #17
Quote by RTV

Quote by eirebus

Quote by RTV

One of our advertisers

Ah right... yeah, that's definitely not an option for me then, I thought it was a spot in Cork.

Quote by baguette

Quote by panda

Well... camper world is definitely a "polished" operation :D

In my case, after talking all that shite not only about the brand but about my van and how much problems it was going to give me, the feedback after the work was done was that my MH was in fantastic shape so, why spend 20' before that talking sh*t about my van in the first place when you don't know it.

It would have been more understandable if I was asking them for advice to buy or fair enough if you don't want to work on certain brands, but to put my pride and joy down (without even really looking at it) just because, I don't see the point.

Quote by panda

100% agreed.

Like mine, there are probably some that won't have the same issues. Perhaps different construction runs or different assembly lines or teams.
I do feel your pain having your pride and joy falsely accused but isn't it good that it got a clean bill of health by a sceptic.

Liked by: RTV

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2021  ·  #18
There was a thread recently that discussed the pros and cons of a few different MH dealers. Reading the posts it appeared that it depended on personalities and person experiences.
It could be the same with this firm. And yes they may have had a roller team or two in the past that was in poor condition when balanced with age and mileage of the vehicle so the company may have a bad impression of the make. Should they have been so openly disparaging of the make in front of you the paying customer, no they should not. But diplomacy and common sense depends on personalities.
If I get a trade person, say an electrician who spends the first few minutes undermining the quality of previous workmanship that I have paid for it pees me off but if I get an electrician who can identify the issue and propose a better method or solution I’m happy.
To most of us our MHs are our pride and joy whether it’s 25 year old hymer or a 2 year old Pilote.
If it was me I would write to the firm explaining that whilst I was happy with the work the initial comments about the make of my MH left me disappointed with the experience as a whole.

Liked by: sprinter

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2021  ·  #19
I brought my motorhome to Camper World in Midleton with damp issues September last year. He had a good look and pointed out another damp spot that I hadn't seen. He gave me a price range and hoped it would come somewhere near the middle but it would not exceed the maximum price he had given me. I left the van with him the following week and checked in by phone now and then. I went down to visit once because as he said it's easier to show me rather than trying to explain over the phone. As it turned out the damage was a lot more extensive than he had estimated and involved a lot more work. To make matters worse my Hobby 600 was put together never to be taken apart, it took them the best part of a day just to get the back bumper off. They cut out all the damp timber and replaced it and finished off with a nice stainless "skirting board" in the garage. The work they did was excellent and I'd have no hesitation bringing my pride and joy back to them for further work if necessary, but he did say that after working on mine he wouldn't take in another Hobby. The only minor downside was that I did all the phone contacting, it would have been nice to get the odd progress report from him. He said that he should have taken more time to examine the damage when I first brought it in but that was his mistake and not mine. He was therefore sticking to the maximum price he had given me even though they had spent a lot more time on it.

Some more photos. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3xo…Svhaa?dl=0

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2021  ·  #20
Cant argue with the quality of workmanship....Very nice job. :up:

BUT....He now wont work on Roller Team and Hobby vans....Anymore we can add to the list?? :lol:

Liked by: Flipperdipper

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2021  ·  #21
Quote by panda

BUT....He now wont work on Roller Team and Hobby vans....Anymore we can add to the list?? :lol:

LOL

Maybe someone should let him know what if all vehicles were perfect with no issues, he wouldn't have a job, right?

Again, I'll clarify that the old man was the worst... he seems to own the place but the other guy is the one that actually manages it and does the work and he wasn't as bad. Still, not the best customer focus approach.

Liked by: +deleted user

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2021  ·  #22
Quote by RTV

Quote by panda

LOL

Maybe someone should let him know what if all vehicles were perfect with no issues, he wouldn't have a job, right?

Again, I'll clarify that the old man was the worst... he seems to own the place but the other guy is the one that actually manages it and does the work and he wasn't as bad. Still, not the best customer focus approach.

PM sent

Liked by: RTV

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.