markbox
Subject:

Parking question

· 
Posted: 18.12.2020  ·  #1
Hi
Looking for advice.
I am new to campervan travel.
I have noticed when I park on variety of service stations along motorway overnight. Time to time there is car would come over driving one side of the van then turn around and come to the other side facing headlights toward my windows for a good minute or so.

The cars are different but behaviour very similar.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Parking question

· 
Posted: 18.12.2020  ·  #2
The generally accepted advice is not to overnight at motorway service stations, particularly in France as they are known to attract a higher rate of burglary and theft than quieter village parking spots.
It is also thought that the motorway stops attract thieves due to the ease and speed of escape.

Davy

Liked by: CHAUSSON, markbox

markbox
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2020  ·  #3
Quote by Davy

The generally accepted advice is not to overnight at motorway service stations, particularly in France as they are known to attract a higher rate of burglary and theft than quieter village parking spots.
It is also thought that the motorway stops attract thieves due to the ease and speed of escape.

Davy

Would that applies to Ireland as well?

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2020  ·  #4
Quote by markbox

Hi
Looking for advice.
I am new to campervan travel.
I have noticed when I park on variety of service stations along motorway overnight. Time to time there is car would come over driving one side of the van then turn around and come to the other side facing headlights toward my windows for a good minute or so.

The cars are different but behaviour very similar.

Motorway service stations are not popular overnighting spots for seasoned Motorhomers.
A good rule of thumb for overnighting is to feel comfortable with where you are parking, ie if you were thinking like a thief or hooligan would this be a good location for that kind of behaviour.
If camping somewhere on your own have a back up plan should some idiot decide to annoy you.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, +deleted user

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.