Hymer B544. Water system issue.

bob-the-pirate
Subject:

Hymer B544. Water system issue.

· 
Posted: 08.12.2020  ·  #1
Hi Folks!

I have a weird issue with water system in my Hymer B544 1998 model.

When I turn on tap or shower or try to flush the toilet, the water is not coming though. I can hear the pump humming, but only in the toilet it gets a tiny trickle of water.
As it turned out the water is coming out through what I believe is drainage pipe right behind the left rear wheel (see the photo).

I checked the area near the boiler and there is no leaks there and couldn't find any leaks anywhere else. Can't figure out why is it escaping there instead of going to the taps and the toilet. Any ideas?

There was a bit of frost during the last 2-3 nights. Maybe I have a bit of ice stuck in pipes? I kept heating on last night in hope that if there is any icicles, it would be melted, but it still doesn't work as expected.

MickyMac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Giottiline T38
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

Re: Hymer B544. Water system issue.

· 
Posted: 08.12.2020  ·  #2
johnnymac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria 660SP
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2020  ·  #3
Frost valve open and boiler empty.

bob-the-pirate
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2020  ·  #4
Quote by MickyMac

Frost valve has opened?

Are you talking about boiler safety/drainage valve? I checked the manual and it says that the valve opens automatically when the temperature drops below 8C. It says it shall close as soon as the boiler is turned on, if I read it correctly. Below is the quote from the manual.

Safety-/drainage valve boiler
The boiler is equipped with a safety-/drainage valve (91) preventing the boiler from freezing. The valve remains closed as soon as the heater is switched on.
* When the safety-/drainage valve is closed a small electrical power flows which puts an extra load on the battery of the living area. Therefore a daily check of the battery voltage panel is re- commended. If the battery voltage drops to below 10.8 V the functioning of the safety-/drainage valve can not be guaranteed any further.
* When the motorcaravan is not used for a longer period of time switch off the safety-/drainage valve.
* At temperatures below 8 _C the safety-/drainage valves opens automatically. There- fore, before filling up the boiler, switch on the heater or the boiler the valve will open otherwise.
* The water pump and the water fittings are not protected against freezing by the sa- fety-/drainage valve (91).
* The drainage neck of the safety-/dainage valve has to be free of dirt (leaves, ice) at all times.
* Further information on the living area battery can be obtained from chapter 8.
The power supply for heater/boiler and the safety-/drainage valve (91) can not be interrupted by the main switch 12 V. When faulty the red control lamp (90,1) illuminates.

I can't find any mentioning of other automatic valves in the manual. I thought that cold water would be unaffected by this boiler valve. I might be completely wrong though. Sadly the manual has no diagram of pipework in the camper.

I also connected the camper to the mains and checked again in case it has something to do with leisure battery not having enough juice. The water trickles a tiny bit from kitchen sink tap, when camper is connected to the mains, but most of it still escapes through that drain pipe (see the picture in the original post).

bob-the-pirate
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2020  ·  #5
Quote by johnnymac

Frost valve open and boiler empty.

if the boiler is empty, should it not stop working? I turned heating on and it works.

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria 660SP
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2020  ·  #6
The heater on my 2005 Adria will still work without water. Also the frost dump valve isn't automatic. You have to reset it manually by pulling the knob upwards. Google Truma frost valves and you should get some info. Best of luck with it. I'm sure you'll soon sort it.

bob-the-pirate
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2020  ·  #7
Quote by johnnymac

The heater on my 2005 Adria will still work without water. Also the frost dump valve isn't automatic. You have to reset it manually by pulling the knob upwards. Google Truma frost valves and you should get some info. Best of luck with it. I'm sure you'll soon sort it.

That was it! The valve is semi-automatic. Opens automatically, but needs to be closed manually. I re-read the manual yet again and found that bit of wisdom there too :-) Pulled the valve's thingy up, opened all taps and in a minute or two the pressure was back. Happy camper again! :-)

Thanks a million, guys! :-)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.