Comet
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Rapido
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

Rapido heating

· 
Posted: 02.12.2020  ·  #1
We have a Rapido MH on a Fiat Ducato which has a feed off the heater matrix that heats the MH as you are driving along. We have noticed a few months ago that the header tank has to be topped up after a couple of hours driving and took it to Fiat dealer.

There is a small leak from one of the hoses but it is not a standard Fiat hose so not available as a spare part!

Has anybody else had this experience?

joberg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 696f
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3
Subject:

Re: Rapido heating

· 
Posted: 02.12.2020  ·  #2
Did you try Cara Motorhomes in Newcastle West, they are rapido dealers and always very helpful They should be able to source the part for you

Paul mcg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.12.2020  ·  #3
We have a Laika on a Fiat ducato same thing with the header tank. The plastic engine cover was rubbing the hose and over time it cut into it.I cut the hose put a copper fitting into it and two hose pipe clips and all good not sure if it's the same thing?

Liked by: sprinter

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #4
As said, cut the hose where the leak is and rejoin with a short piece of copper pipe or replace it with a section which can be bought from any motor factors if it hasn't any tight preformed bends . Any decent mechanic could do this if it's beyond your own capabilities.

Liked by: sprinter

Comet
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Rapido
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #5
Thanks for the advice lads, appreciate the help.
It looks like the t-piece that was fitted to feed the habitat heating had a jubilee hose-clip that wore away the adjacent hose and it started seeping.
Replacement pipe on the way now, so hopefully we will be back motoring by the weekend ...!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.