StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Scams and prize draws

· 
Posted: 10.11.2020  ·  #1
I’ve looked at the prize draw competitions and come the end of the day it’s a lottery you pay for a ticket and you have a small chance of winning. But you have to be in it to win it! Fair enough if you accept the odds aren’t great but you could end up with a great result.

Now I see a campsite offering 300 tickets at €30 each (€9000) for a seasonal pitch for next year. 1 in 300 chance in winning.

Just asking for a friend; can I entice you to buy a ticket for €20 for a fish and chip dinner for 4 worth €60 and I’m only selling 100 tickets?

Seriously why would you do this?

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Scams and prize draws

· 
Posted: 10.11.2020  ·  #2
Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2020  ·  #3
Luck of the draw. A lady living near us has won 2 cars on those facebook prize draws. poxy bitch.

I don't know how many tickets she bought to achieve this, but I assume many.

I know I've probably spent >200 quid trying to win mini diggers over the last few months!

Only for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all... :lol:

I'm amazed the FB police don't shut many of these competitions down. Some of the vehicles in the draws are nowhere near the value of the sum of the sold tickets.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2020  ·  #4
Quote by Blag

Luck of the draw. A lady living near us has won 2 cars on those facebook prize draws. poxy bitch.

I don't know how many tickets she bought to achieve this, but I assume many.

I know I've probably spent >200 quid trying to win mini diggers over the last few months!

Only for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all... :lol:

I'm amazed the FB police don't shut many of these competitions down. Some of the vehicles in the draws are nowhere near the value of the sum of the sold tickets.

I understand why people will risk a few quid if the value of the prize is good or even its more than a few quid if the odds of winning are reasonable.
The lottery works because even though the chances of winning the big prize is minuscule you could be the lucky winner for a euro or two.
But I think what struck with the seasonal pitch is that it’s €30 a ticket for a €2/€3 k prize. At least with cars, plant, motorhomes etc the ticket price tends to be lower. Yes when you do the maths if all tickets sell for most of the competitions then the prize is often about half the value of ticket sales.
300 tickets at €30 = €9000 for a seasonal pitch WTF.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.