Water Pump Problem

Shurflo

jrsstn15
Subject:

Water Pump Problem

· 
Posted: 11.09.2020  ·  #1
Hi
New to the site and having read through the forum and chats it looks like a great place to be !
Currently in Galway with the wind and rain so water shouldn’t really be a problem ... however my Shurflo pump isn’t working this morning , think the tank ran dry overnight . Check the only fuse I can find and looks ok ?
Can any offer any advice or recommendations for someone to fix it in the Galway area .
Many thanks 🙏

Liked by: Ally

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Water Pump Problem

· 
Posted: 11.09.2020  ·  #2
First of all, make sure your hot water system is shut off as no water in the boiler can damage it.
Can you hear the pump running when you switch on a tap?
Is it running and you have no water from the taps?
Why do you think you ran out of water overnight?
Was the pump working during the night and now it's not?.

If the pump is running, It may be airlocked and need to be bled, so first, fill the tank, then operate the toilet flush to see if it works as its the lowest outlet in the system, then open the cold taps, in turn, to see if you get water. if you have then, be sure to run the hot taps until you get a steady flow,

Liked by: GMAC

jrsstn15
Subject:

Re: Water Pump Problem

· 
Posted: 11.09.2020  ·  #3
Many thanks
Sadly I don’t have any pump running at all . Everything else electrical is working
It worked yesterday so just thought the Low water level might have caused a problem .

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2020  ·  #4
The low or no water level may shut down power to the pump to prevent it running dry. I'd fill the tank and then try for water at the taps. If you put in the model and year of your van others with similar vans may have more ideas.Sorry don't know any workshops in the Galway area.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2020  ·  #5
You're nearest repairer

https://www.Anchorpointmotorhomes.com/

evenpitch
My Motorhome: Adria izola 06
Base Vehicle: Renault master2
Subject:

Multimeter

· 
Posted: 11.09.2020  ·  #6
Hi, newbie here also, have you a multimeter by any chance to check for 12v at pump. If disconnecting any wires take photo first so you know where things go back. There could be multimeter in Aldi at the moment if your familiar with use . Put in a new saniflo myself last week , 105 in silver strand Wicklow .
Best of luck . Charlie

Liked by: eirebus

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2020  ·  #7
The Shurflo pump is a diaphram type pump and can run dry without damage, so you can discount lack of water as an issue.
Being a diaphram pump it's self-priming and will clear any airlocks.
Shureflo pumps are very robust and generally give little trouble, I would put an electrical issue at the top of the queue.
Why not try getting a supply to the unit direct from the battery bypassing the original circuit and see if the pump runs. If it doesn't run it has an integrated circuit breaker which may have tripped out, 'though it's for overload protection which is unlikely to have occurred.
Finally, the Shureflo pump has its own internal pressure sensing switch which activates the pump when there is no back pressure in the water system, the pump should run automatically when a tap is opened or a drain valve opens and will continue running until it has emptied the storage tank and continue running indefinitely (while power is available) or until the water tank is refilled and the tap or drain valve is closed to restore the back pressure

Liked by: GMAC

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2020  ·  #8
A lot of Motorhomes have a dump valve when it gets two cold it will dump all the water out of the tank and pipes it’s not cold enough for that but it may be faulty it also stops the pump working when it’s empty so you need to reset the valve fill up with water before it’s works again failing that check the fuse

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2020  ·  #9
Quote by hillton9

A lot of Motorhomes have a dump valve when it gets two cold it will dump all the water out of the tank and pipes it’s not cold enough for that but it may be faulty it also stops the pump working when it’s empty so you need to reset the valve fill up with water before it’s works again failing that check the fuse

If the power to the valve goes it will also open and the water will be dumped, perhaps a too low voltage would also have the same effect.
I don't know about it stopping the pump from working, mine will pump merrily away until the tank is empty and continue on ad infinitum. I know this from experience.

jrsstn15
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2020  ·  #10
Thanks to everyone for their replies . Great community spirit 👍😎

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.