Pump

eddiecav
My Motorhome: Peugeot compass suntor
Base Vehicle: 6 berth
Subject:

Pump on constant

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #1
Hi everyone hope all is well I am having one issue with the pump staying on when I turn on aux on my 2007 Peugeot compass is this normal I changed taps in toilet checked sink wiring to tap disconnected both to see but pump runs constant I also put in new pump this year as other one burnt out not sure if normal constant running when I switch it on your help again grateful .Eddie

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Pump on constant

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #2
Is there a leak? I've replaced my pump recently because it had a leak. It was staying in for extended periods. All good now.

eddiecav
My Motorhome: Peugeot compass suntor
Base Vehicle: 6 berth
Subject:

Pump

· 
Posted: 09.08.2020  ·  #3
Hi no leak pump when switched on stays on keeps running tried every thing is there a way if wiring it to by pass main switch and replace maybe with a new switch I am lost completely on this it's like the switch is on all the time powering it on if anyone local to ennis co clare to look at it let me know thanks for reply

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2020  ·  #4
Is it a submersible pump or a pressure pump ,if it's submersible it's possible one of your taps is not breaking the circuit ,or pos is going to earth at the tap and staying on

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2020  ·  #5
Some submersibles have an adjustable pressure switch that brings the pump in and out.
Usually close to the pump or the water heater, it’s adjustable with a hand-wheel on top of it.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Pump on constant

· 
Posted: 09.08.2020  ·  #6
Quote by eirebus

Is it a submersible pump or a pressure pump ,if it's submersible it's possible one of your taps is not breaking the circuit ,or pos is going to earth at the tap and staying on

Unless it is a positive pressure system where when a tap is opened the pressure drops and the pump solenoid kicks in to start the pump.if this is the case and you have no leaks,you may have a valve problem remove the earth too see if the pump stops.
The other system.
The pump should have s positive live power power feed to it and is earthed trough the taps. take off a wire from each tap, the pump should stop, if it dose not, then you have an earth short some where, you would need to trace the wiring for a short to earth somewhere along the line.
if if dose stop then reconnect each tap in turn untill the pump starts and you have found your problem.
All tests done with the taps in the off position.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.