KeithF
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: A Modest Holiday?

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #2
Modest? I think most motorhomes are kitted out better than hotel rooms now 😂 Great article though and clear as day to see the volume on all the sites.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #3
Quote by KeithF

. What I will say is though (and this is not a dig or opinion, just an observation), But I have seen over the past two weeks a lot of English reg caravans and motorhomes on sites & on the road, Especially the rental motorhomes, So clearly not all sites feel the same way

Most of these vans are from NI not mainland Britain

KeithF
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #4
Quote by eirebus

Quote by KeithF

. What I will say is though (and this is not a dig or opinion, just an observation), But I have seen over the past two weeks a lot of English reg caravans and motorhomes on sites & on the road, Especially the rental motorhomes, So clearly not all sites feel the same way

Most of these vans are from NI not mainland Britain

I wanted to remain PC with my comment eirebus so made sure they were actually UK & not NI reg's as not to upset our Northern family on here :)

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #5
Our main car has an English number. It seems to have originated in Birmingham. I recently did a straw poll as I drove between Newry and Rathfriland (rural and not a holiday area) and some 40 % of regs were GB. Given the large number of used cars that are imported into the island of Ireland from GB, that is hardly surprising. There is no requirement to reregister them with a N.I. Number unlike those that import to ROI.
I am also of the opinion that many of the English reg cars that I see in the south during the summer are Irish expats home for a holiday.
Have a quick survey of regs next time you are north.

Davy

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #6
Some of the best hollidays i have had when we had a young family and now with just the two of us have been in my camper van and that includes at home and the continent. Why some people believe that you have to be packed into a hotel and fighting for a space around the pool in the morning beats me but if that is what makes them happy then so be it.
I will happily stick to my camper.

KeithF
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #7
Quote by ntg

Some of the best hollidays i have had when we had a young family and now with just the two of us have been in my camper van and that includes at home and the continent. Why some people believe that you have to be packed into a hotel and fighting for a space around the pool in the morning beats me but if that is what makes them happy then so be it.
I will happily stick to my camper.

Completely agree ntg, We were oblivious until we bought our camper four years ago and haven't looked back since! Now instead of expensive package holidays I am trying to find expensive camper add ons 😂

Liked by: eirebus, ntg

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #8
Quote by KeithF

I wanted to remain PC with my comment eirebus so made sure they were actually UK & not NI reg's as not to upset our Northern family on here :)

Doubt you are upsetting anyone 😁 however........

NI is in the UK. What you refer too are GB plates. NI is not in Britain.

I have GB plates on my van, I live in NI and my motorhome is registered at my home address, there is absolutely no way to tell if a UK reg is from GB or NI without asking the owners. Too many people are assuming that these yellow number plated Motorhomes are from GB.

Liked by: eirebus

KeithF
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #9
I deleted the original post Ally as I felt it caused offence and that was not the intention, I was just referring to the article. I was on a site last week next to a lovely couple from Bristol and there was also another couple from Scotland there too, Both on UK plates. So my apologies if the post upset anyone, The whole travel debate on who can go where and when is something I do not want to get involved in and I do not care for as we are off doing our thing and maintaining social distancing, So each to their own and all that :) My point was only that each site has different rules regarding who can and cannot book. Apologies again for any offence caused or any confusion, Happy camping all :)

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #10
No offence caused at all 😁

Happy camping.

Liked by: eirebus, KeithF

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #11
The booked out campsites aren't a problem for us this year. We decided to get away at every possible opportunity (before there next lock-down!) and there's no way we could afford it without using the free overnight options, or at a push, the tenner a night sites.
Thankfully we have THE map, and all the advice and tips we need from our virtual friends on here.
A random thought.....The sudden appearance of dozens of rented and newbie campers taking every available space reminds me of a popular pizza restaurant not far from us. We visit all through the year, rain or shine, sometimes we're almost the only people in there.
But we support it as best we can. Then come the Summer season, the place is jointed with the yacht brigade, and we can't get a table for trying.....

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #12
Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2020  ·  #13
Between the CCL’s and TiTTs We hope not to be queuing, pleading and paying over the odds this year. Sorry but we love the space and peace to ourselves (and our grumpy German Shepherd). And when we don’t have our baby you will also see us at Craic meets. Have fun everyone.

Liked by: Chevy g20, panda

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2020  ·  #14
Quote by Mark&Wendy

Between the CCL’s and TiTTs We hope not to be queuing, pleading and paying over the odds this year. Sorry but we love the space and peace to ourselves (and our grumpy German Shepherd). And when we don’t have our baby you will also see us at Craic meets. Have fun everyone.

Amen to that.
Enjoy you peace 👍

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2020  ·  #15
Quote by Mark&Wendy

I'm assuming that's your dog? If it's actually a shepherd from Germany then it's no wonder he's grumpy. He's probably missing his sheep......

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.