<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Cashel - Tipperary this time

· 
Posted: 05.08.2020  ·  #1
Got on the road on Saturday and left the house with a somewhat unspecified destination. Needed to be somewhere in the general north Tipp area for the overnight.

Settled on Cashel a little before we'd reached the Portlaoise exit on the M8 (won't fight about the North Tipp / South Tipp boundary now its been abolished.

My first instinct was to try the car/coach park for the Rock of Cashel. It was after 18:30pm when we arrived so the barriers were up and the carpark was empty. Pay parking 07:30 to 18:30, 7 days I think, all day parking rate €4:30, not sure about hourly rate but don't think you can pay the night before for the following morning so watch the 7:30am. Some of the perimeter spaces will allow longer vans park in a single space with overhang over the grass. There are a few picnic tables around the perimeter too and public toilets outside the gate. Could be a handy stopover for some folk.

We parked up and took the dogs for a walk into the town. Took a nosey into one of the town carparks, beside the Palace Hotel. Two other vans installed there, no parking charges on Sundays, less pressure for the following morning so we relocated.

Again, no height barriers, and certain spaces will suit longer vans. Could be noisy on weekends with all the pubs open. Public toilets at the entrance here too. SuperValu across the street.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Re: Cashel - Tipperary this time

· 
Posted: 06.08.2020  ·  #2
We really enjoyed cashel we stayed in the private site just under the castle ok it was €25 but it was quite and only a short walk into town great showers kitchen lounge and would definitely go back it’s a two minute walk to the monastery and to the castle the site opener give us free entry tickets for the castle

Liked by: <BM>, panda

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

Re: Cashel - Tipperary this time

· 
Posted: 07.08.2020  ·  #3
Quote by hillton9

We really enjoyed cashel we stayed in the private site just under the castle ok it was €25 but it was quite and only a short walk into town great showers kitchen lounge and would definitely go back it’s a two minute walk to the monastery and to the castle the site opener give us free entry tickets for the castle

We stayed there ourselves about 3 weeks ago and it is a lovely site,great facilities and very welcoming owners.
The castle was not open at that time but we took a walk up around it.
Will hopefully get back again.

Liked by: panda, Paul mcg

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.