Motorhome from France

NORMAND
My Motorhome: Le VOYAGEUR LVX
Base Vehicle: MERCEDES
Subject:

Visit of IRELAND by foreigners

· 
Posted: 18.07.2020  ·  #1
Hi . We are disapointed because we had to cancel our trip to Ireland in May . We have booked thé ferry for a new voyage as from 1st September to end of that month . Thé récent news do not look good, unless I am wrong ???? We do not want to be stuck anywhere in thé country in our motorhome. We havé to make a décision before monday 10 of July , as to confirm or cancel our ferry Booking. Do would anyone give us a good view of the actual situation in Ireland ( pubs, meetings, social Life, évents...) André how would you anticipate thé situation in September ? Manu thanks for your advices a dit hèlp . Regards. Daniel

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: Visit of IRELAND by foreigners

· 
Posted: 18.07.2020  ·  #2
Hi, if I were you I'd cancel or get your booking moved to next year. At the moment some pubs are open but you have to book and have a meal and your time is limited to one and a half hours. Pubs not serving food are still closed. All theatres and cinemas are closed but most tourist attractions are open with restrictions and limited numbers allowed in. It's very hard to predict what the situation will be in September. Some people are acting very irresponsibly ant think that the virus has been beaten. It's a very difficult choice but my advice would be to enjoy France this year and come and explore Ireland in 2021.

Liked by: panda

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Visit of IRELAND by foreigners

· 
Posted: 18.07.2020  ·  #3
On the 20th of July which I believe is the same day as your deadline Ireland will apparently publish its green list which will detail the countries where the existing 14 day quarantine will not be required it is expected that USA and Great Britain will not be on the list. I have not heard about France.

I would try to contact your ferry company and defer your travel date or ask if they would wait a couple of days for the full payment until the situation is clarified.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.07.2020  ·  #4
At this time the pub opening has been put back until 10th August, Restaurants and pubs that serve food are open but you have to book a meal min €10 in order to be served Drink, caffee shops are generally open,all if the above with restrictions on distance and numbers. Face covering now have to be worn on all public transport and in shop and supermarkets.
Everyone coming into the country for non essential reasons, and thoes returning from abroad are suppose to isolate for two weeks, unfortunately that is not being enforced as there are a lot of non Irish cars, caravans and motorhome's going around the country.
There is to be an announcement next Monday 20th July about so called Green Country's where one can go and come from without the need to isolate.
September may be better as the schools are hoping to reopen in a limited way, which may relieve the pressure on campsites which at the moment are very busy and have to be booked if you can get in at all.

Now please let us know what us the situation in France as some people want to go in that direction, to do exactly as you want to do here in Ireland. Some clarity would help from someone who lives there.

Liked by: eirebus, GMAC, panda

NORMAND
My Motorhome: Le VOYAGEUR LVX
Base Vehicle: MERCEDES
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2020  ·  #5
Thanks for your infos and ideas . We'll see what the Irish decisions will be like . Anyway, we think our best bet will be to cancel our september trip and try and negociate either a deposit refund or postpone our visit as far as spring 2021.

I'll try to give some details of the situation in France in the proper topic " across the water" .
See you , hopefully in May 2021, and let's keep our fingers crossed ...

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.