Toilet flusher not working

dangermouse
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #1
Hi everyone. I have a compass drifter 360 e on Peugeot boxer engine. Flusher just stopped working in toilet( loads of water in tank) while away at weekend and also radio and main light when u open door not working. Anyone any ideas ?

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

Re: Toilet flusher not working

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #2
It sound's like there is a fuse blown somewhere.

Liked by: eirebus, GMAC, panda

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #3
I presume the toilet is pump flushed and the pump is not working when you press the button . so sounds electrical check all your fuse links . or broken wire, bad earth.

Liked by: GMAC

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #4
What type of toilet is it can you post a photo ,some have a fuse where the cassette goes in or is it a hand pump where you turn the flush to get it to work ,find out what make it is and download the pdf file you’ll see all the parts which will help

dangermouse
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #5
It’s a thetford cassette toilet. I pulled out toilet cassette today and there is a fuse in it alright but it did not seem blown. Might try new fuse. Would this be linked to radio and light in cab not working ?

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #6
you have 3 problems. its unlikely they are all connected , that saying the thing that is common on them all is power and earth.
Sort the toilet first, can you check if you have power each side of the fuss, Yes. has the button come adrift .? No. check the earth .

The radio could be powered from the same supply as the light.
The light operates when the button at the door comes out and makes the earth. but the selector on the light has to be in the correct position . on when the door is opened , or off or no continuously
pull the cable off the back of the foor nutton and put ig against the metal, make the earth. not working no power, fuse?.

radio is the difficulty one, pull it out and check its getting power. not easy on some of the multi socket type, to know where to start. but see if you have a dedicated fuse for it and start there. Always check a fuse by replacing it with one you know works.

I guess your not going anywhere at the weekend, pulling your hair out dosn't help.😁

Galldar
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Paddy the Pilote Galaxy 78MX
Base Vehicle: Citroen 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #7
Quote by dangermouse

Hi everyone. I have a compass drifter 360 e on Peugeot boxer engine. Flusher just stopped working in toilet( loads of water in tank) while away at weekend and also radio and main light when u open door not working. Anyone any ideas ?

Now there's a coincidence. We've also got a Compass Drifter 360e (though on a Ducato base), and the toilet also stopped flushing over last weekend!
I haven't had a chance to investigate really, fuse looks good, I suspect either the switch that detects the cassette is in place, or the switch where you press down for the flush.
The race is on to see who resolves it first I suppose :P

Liked by: eirebus, panda

dangermouse
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2020  ·  #8
I will let you know how I get on hopefully it’s something simple. I got few fuses today so fingers crossed it’s that

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2020  ·  #9
Quote by Galldar

Quote by dangermouse

Now there's a coincidence. We've also got a Compass Drifter 360e (though on a Ducato base), and the toilet also stopped flushing over last weekend!
I haven't had a chance to investigate really, fuse looks good, I suspect either the switch that detects the cassette is in place, or the switch where you press down for the flush.
The race is on to see who resolves it first I suppose :P

Same happened our Motorhome last year, the toilet stopped working, fuse was fine, the problem was there was a bad connection at the fuse.

Liked by: sprinter

dangermouse
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.07.2020  ·  #10
So how did u end up fixing the bad connection did u have to get auto electrician ? I checked all my fuses today and all are good. Earth should not be a problem as auto electrician only put in new earth few months ago.

Galldar
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #11
Got Bertha back today (after some TLC with angle grinder and welder at the mechanics 😬) got the chance to look at the flush system. Two breaks in the wire, one at the cassette detect switch, and the pump impeller gummed up with goo for good measure.
Seems to be back in action, need to put the pump back in and give it a good test tomorrow.

Liked by: Ally, panda, sprinter, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #12
Quote by Galldar

Got Bertha back today (after some TLC with angle grinder and welder at the mechanics 😬) got the chance to look at the flush system. Two breaks in the wire, one at the cassette detect switch, and the pump impeller gummed up with goo for good measure.
Seems to be back in action, need to put the pump back in and give it a good test tomorrow.

And how is the camper 🤪

Liked by: panda, sprinter

Galldar
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #13

And how is the camper 🤪

Smart ass :D

Found anyone to get you another beer yet?

Liked by: sprinter

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #14
John has me sorted. Been waiting a while though🤔. Hope he’s not taking the piss😳. There has been a lot of that going on lately 😇😇

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #15
And yes.... it is quite the ass 😍😍

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2020  ·  #16
Quote by dangermouse

So how did u end up fixing the bad connection did u have to get auto electrician ? I checked all my fuses today and all are good. Earth should not be a problem as auto electrician only put in new earth few months ago.

Sorry, thought I had replied, no Electrican, I just shook the wires going to the fuse. It is still working fine

dangermouse
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2020  ·  #17
Hi everyone I got my toilet flusher sorted auto electrician looked at it and was a loose wire beside fuse. Put joiner on it and working👍

Liked by: Ally, Galldar, sprinter, +deleted user

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2020  ·  #18
👏

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.