Kitchen tap trouble

kend85
Subject:

Kitchen tap trouble

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #1
Hi all,
Hopefully someone can help me here.
I have a 97 Euro Mobile and last weekend out of the blue the kitchen sink tap stopped working, the bathroom tap works fine and you can hear the surflo pump cut in when you open the tap on the bathroom but not when you turn on the tap in the kitchen.
I have checked and can confirm the taps don’t work with microswitches.
I removed the kitchen sink tap and there was water there and if I open the tap water poured out...I checked the tap itself wasn’t blocked and it isn’t.

Has anyone come across anything like this or any suggestions please.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Kitchen tap trouble

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #2
if the pump is not starting when you open the tap then the micro switch is not working or you have a cable break that feeds them, is it s mixer tap or hot and cold . if two and both hot and cold are not working then check if you have power to them.

Liked by: panda

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Kitchen tap trouble

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #3
He said it doesn’t operate by micro switches though

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Kitchen tap trouble

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #4
Quote by Daffysparks

He said it doesn’t operate by micro switches though

I read that as that the tap micro dosn't work
There has to be a pressure drop solenoid valve or micro switch in or on the line to operate the pump.so follow the pipe back to the pump and find what operates it.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #5
In my van, the pump has a flow switch built in. There are no micro switches or solenoid. I presume his is the same as mine. I can’t understand why one tap is working and the other isn’t though. Definitely sounds like a micro switch issue. Strange one

Liked by: ntg

kend85
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #6
Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated.

I checked both sinks/taps thoroughly for any wiring and there is none....I also took the tap apart and no switches etc so I presume this means there is def no min to switch? The kitchen tap has both a hot and cold and the bathroom is a mixer tap.

Another thing I noticed over the weekend was usually when all taps were working normally, the pump would cut in from time to time and I presume that is because it runs on a pressure sensor/valve, that didn’t happen at all this weekend. The pump would only cut in when you I turned on the bathroom tap which it a flip type tap.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Kitchen tap trouble

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #7
that could be a blockage in the line that is stopping the full flow in order to start the pump. can you disconnect the line from sink to pump and blow it out ? from the sink side, gave someone look at what comes out .

Liked by: eirebus

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2020  ·  #8
This sounds daft , but get a balloon ,blow it up and use it to blow your taps or hoseline

Liked by: sprinter

kend85
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2020  ·  #9
Thanks again for your input everyone.

I was able to find the line from the tap and made sure it was clear all the way back to the pump. What I did find today was, the main water pipe come from the pump and to a dividing rail, this rail seems to feed all the water pipes to the bathroom, kitchen etc. I swapped over the kitchen line and the bathroom line so the bathroom line was essentially working on the kitchen line back to the pump and that worked fine and the kitchen tap still isn’t working off the bathroom line. So I have narrowed down the issue from this dividing pipe to the tap of the kitchen.

I have double and triple checked for a micro switch under the kitchen tap and can’t see one or wires. The tap isn’t blocked but is it possible it needs to be replaced? I am stumped

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2020  ·  #10
That sounds like a manifold. It’s possible the blockage is in the manifold

Liked by: ntg, sprinter

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2020  ·  #11
Possibly a bit of limescale has worked its way into the manifold and blocked the outlet for the kitchen sink.

Liked by: sprinter

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2020  ·  #12
Try turning on the kitchen tap,leave it on,and then also turn on the bathroom tap and see if there is any flow at the kitchen tap.

Galldar
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Paddy the Pilote Galaxy 78MX
Base Vehicle: Citroen 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2020  ·  #13
Might sound a bit mad, but with the bathroom and kitchen disconnected at the manifold, if you blow into each pipe with the taps open, can you blow through both?

I cleared a blocked windscreen washer nozzle pipe by taking the nozzles off and blowing into them till bubbles came up in the reservoir. Post smart comments below please ... 😁

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.07.2020  ·  #14
Have a close look at the tap, where the water comes out. Some taps have a small mesh filter at the end which can get blocked, why have a filter at the very end I don't know. If there is one it'll either pop out or screw off, and then leave it off.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.