panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

Re: Windows

· 
Posted: 26.06.2020  ·  #2
My brother in law made his own replacement windows for a 1999 Adria with 4mm perspex,,,,,He used the old cracked windows as templates....perfect replacements for peanuts.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, Irishbee

Irishbee
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.07.2020  ·  #3
Were you successful?

I need a back window for the same model & same year & also a window for the bunk area - one accidentally broke, the other has dead flies in it & I want to replace it - the hinges are broke anyway as hubby opened it & I walked passed & slammed it shut without thinking...

Thanks.

SuperbrigKid
Craic'er
My Motorhome: C Line 5.0 QB L
Base Vehicle: Carthago 180bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.07.2020  ·  #4
Id be a little cautious about homemade windows - while im sure they could be produced at a fraction of the cost a retailer would charge & maybe even better quality I had a an experience a few years ago when doing CRVT test. The tester told me it was a fail as a window wasnt legit as it had not got an 'E' mark on it. On closer inspection the 'E' mark was located so relief for me.
My recollection is that the 'E' is circled and proved it is compliant with some EU Directive / Regs when manufactured commercially.

Liked by: Irishbee

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.07.2020  ·  #5
That is the upside of private MOT centres in England if you find the right one. The attitude is if it looks right it is right.
Albeit the vehicle will be tested and deemed safe but certainly not as stringent as the government run centres.
The last time mine was tested I pointed out that I knew a CV gaiter was goosed but that my mechanic wanted the vehicle tested so he would know what was needed before my van blocked his garage.
Well he tested it and found the CV and a couple of exhaust hangers needed replaced.
He gave me a fail cert and then a pass cert immediately as he knew i was taking it to his mate for the repairs.
£35 for the test and nothing for the retest

Liked by: Irishbee

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.