MerlinTheMotorhome
merlinthemotorhome
My Motorhome: Compass Avantgarde
Base Vehicle: Peugeot
Subject:

Gazebo, Event Shelter

· 
Posted: 21.06.2020  ·  #1
I was wondering about these Shelter tent things, if anyone has or had one and what they’re like. The thought is good but as is with all these things, the thought of it is the easy part.

I was looking at this one - Clicky Thanks.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Gazebo, Event Shelter

· 
Posted: 21.06.2020  ·  #2
Quote by MerlinTheMotorhome

I was wondering about these Shelter tent things, if anyone has or had one and what they’re like. The thought is good but as is with all these things, the thought of it is the easy part.

I was looking at this one - Clicky Thanks.

I have a larger version, it didn't really cost me anything so I don't know if I would recommend it as something to buy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Colem…137&sr=1-4

It's good but it doesn't get used all that often. It's been used in the garden for kids parties etc... and it's been put up twice on campsites, once was an absolute godsend, we were away with 3 other families and we got it set up on a miserable evening last September and it worked out a treat but it's big and unwieldy.

Liked by: The Rambler

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.06.2020  ·  #3
I fancy one of them myself and a huge one for craic meets.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.06.2020  ·  #4
Darren, if you could get a reasonably priced Vango Airhub Hex (not the more expensive Hexaway) it would give you much better shelter. They seem a lot more expensive now though. There was a good deal on them a year or two ago that a few Craicers made use of.

Vango Airhub Hex Airbeam Gazebo Tent (2018) - Herbal Green https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0…7EbJFZY2YE

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.06.2020  ·  #5
Quote by gavster1

Darren, if you could get a reasonably priced Vango Airhub Hex (not the more expensive Hexaway) it would give you much better shelter. They seem a lot more expensive now though. There was a good deal on them a year or two ago that a few Craicers made use of.

Vango Airhub Hex Airbeam Gazebo Tent (2018) - Herbal Green https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0…7EbJFZY2YE

That’s a very different product you’re recommending I think Gavin. The initial link was an airy, quick to erect summertime canopy. Not the all out weather proof shelter you’re proposing. Two different purposes. It depends really what Merlin is looking for I suppose.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.06.2020  ·  #6
Yes, very different but you can roll it upon three sides and get the same effect. I know I looked at both types of shelter before and preferred the versatility of of one you can open or close up. Just throwing it into the mix. I have a permanent lean-to at the back of my house and I know on a wet and windy day if the weather turns it just pushes the rain right under it.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.06.2020  ·  #7
Quote by gavster1

Yes, very different but you can roll it upon three sides and get the same effect. I know I looked at both types of shelter before and preferred the versatility of of one you can open or close up. Just throwing it into the mix. I have a permanent lean-to at the back of my house and I know on a wet and windy day if the weather turns it just pushes the rain right under it.

That’s fair enough. A canopy with roll up sides is the best of both worlds I reckon. 👍

MerlinTheMotorhome
merlinthemotorhome
My Motorhome: Compass Avantgarde
Base Vehicle: Peugeot
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.06.2020  ·  #8
I think in seeing the Vango Airhub Hex that Gav posted, I'd rather have it, because my thought was to buy the sides (a couple of) for the one I posted. But then you're reminded that we live on this Island and most people don't feel right about a drive away awning. I put mine out in Portrush last season and the sun was class, 20 minutes later I was looking at it worrlying as it felt like we'd just transported to Kansas.

Picked up the Bikes from Bangor and stopped off at the car park near Ballyholme Yacht Club for lunch. Nice view from the U-Shaped and yet step outside and you'd of been taken down the road with the gusts.

Now that we've the bikes and also the thought of being able to keep the camping chairs out of the van over night without the risk of getting soaked, (we usually set them in the cab overnight) I had the thought of some wee shelter for all that gear.

Liked by: Ally, panda

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.06.2020  ·  #9
Darren, that’s exactly what we do. I keep the bikes and table set up inside the air awning over night - lock them together and to a metal fold out table. As it is just held up with air there are no poles to break, it would just bend and bounce back. Very handy to put up and store. I use the idea another craicer had of winding the van awning out to meet it to give all over cover and a sort of attached drive away awning. Great if you were at a music festival or something... remember those 🥺

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.