Current situation and motorhome parking

Nebie looking advice

daveYoma
Subject:

Current situation and motorhome parking

· 
Posted: 07.06.2020  ·  #1
Hi folks Im currently thinking off buying a motorhome around the end off June middle of July. With the current situation I wonder how likely it is that carvan parks are going to be accepting motorhome towards the end of July or August? In northern Ireland is there anywhere that isn't a carvan park or campsite that I could be adviced to travel and able to park up my motorhome for a few over night stays maybe travelling about for a 7/10 day period..

Any advice greatly appreciated as u say new to all this just trying to gauge as much info as possible.

Liked by: Ally

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Current situation and motorhome parking

· 
Posted: 07.06.2020  ·  #2
The best answers that I can give are,
1. Get the motorhomeparkingireland app which costs about £5 per year. It carries a mass of info on sites, quiet places where you can stay, pubs which will let you stay for a small fee or free if you buy a meal and or a few drinks. Well worth while.
2. Once you have a rough idea of where you want to go (say county or specific location) pop the name into the search box. There will be tons of good posts from people in the past.
3. Think of joining the craic club which has a cost to it, but gets you access to more info and invites to specific meet ups.

Do a bit of general reading on the site, so you get up to speed on the etiquette of parking, so that we do not draw negative perceptions, eg try not to park sideways across 3 or 4 bays, don’t leave your waste water drain open etc. You will soon get the idea. Of course there is also loads of advice to be had on technical issues by search or asking.
Welcome to the forum, search for posts on how to buy a van without damp etc. Loads of info.

Davy

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: Current situation and motorhome parking

· 
Posted: 07.06.2020  ·  #3
Towards the end of July? Very likely. Most campsites should open by Phase 3, June 29th.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, panda, sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.