News on campsites operating procedures next week?

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2020  ·  #1
You’ll have to read down as this is from my Facebook page:

We share your frustration!
We have spoken to and conversed electronically with so many people who want to book a pitch from 20th of July onwards. I know many of you don’t want to delay booking in case it is too late and everywhere is full by the time more details are known.

We sense your disappointment and it is also a bit strange for us suggesting to contact alternative, larger campsites because they may be able to manage more easily any restrictions campsites will have to operate in compliance with, especially a restriction on total capacity.

We are confident that we can comply with any cleaning regime that is stipulated but restrictions on total numbers and spacing are more complex until we know what they will be. We are also mindful that there could be restrictions on using communal facilities which could rule out camping in a tent or staying in a campervan without any bathroom facilities.

A few months ago, when we became aware that we would not be able to honour bookings made for the earlier part of this year (through to July 20th), the contacting of customers and the refunding process was very disappointing, time consuming and costly. We don’t want to have to repeat that situation so would prefer to minimise the risk of that occurring again.

But! (and this the important bit), I am advised that Failte Ireland have spoken with camping industry stakeholders (not us) and together they have put some proposals to the HSE and it is hoped that these maybe signed off next week (it’s Wednesday 27th of May as I write this). So once we have these details we will know how we can operate from the introduction of Phase 4 and should then be able to take bookings.

I will update this page as and when I know more.

Take care, Jamie and Amanda

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: News on campsites operating procedures next week?

· 
Posted: 27.05.2020  ·  #2
Thanks for keeping us updated Jamie. I can’t imagine that toilets and other facilities would be curtailed going forward. There will be passenger planes flying with people on board soon enough with two tiny bathrooms.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2020  ·  #3
Thanks for the update Jamie , I can see there being a stampede on the 20 July alright with real school holidays and no foreign holidays this year

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2020  ·  #4
Just imagine the queues outside Aldi when the camping gear goes on sale.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2020  ·  #5
Quote by The Rambler

Thanks for keeping us updated Jamie. I can’t imagine that toilets and other facilities would be curtailed going forward. There will be passenger planes flying with people on board soon enough with two tiny bathrooms.

Yes and restaurants cafes and other businesses with customer toilets, but on the continent they have opened sites without communal facilities, so we have to wait and see.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2020  ·  #6
Quote by eirebus

Thanks for the update Jamie , I can see there being a stampede on the 20 July alright with real school holidays and no foreign holidays this year

Judging by the calls, emails etc I think you’re right.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2020  ·  #7
Quote by The Rambler

Thanks for keeping us updat.e else
There will be passenger planes flying with people on board soon enough with two tiny bathrooms.

But would you get on one without getting a needle and wanting proof that everyone else has got the vaccine also.
I the think the next time I fly, it will be a kite. I hated the time wasted involved in Air travel anyway.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2020  ·  #8
Quote by sprinter

Quote by The Rambler

Thanks for keeping us updat.e else
There will be passenger planes flying with people on board soon enough with two tiny bathrooms.

But would you get on one without getting a needle and wanting proof that everyone else has got the vaccine also.
I the think the next time I fly, it will be a kite. I hated the time wasted involved in Air travel anyway.

I wouldn’t get on one at all. The point I was making is that a campsite toilet sounds like a much safer option to me.

joeflo
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Subject:

Westport

· 
Posted: 28.05.2020  ·  #9
Hi just got an email from Westport woods as they are open for bookings for 20 th July. Anyone news re any others
😎

Liked by: panda

HikingAddict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.06.2020  ·  #10
Looking forward to more places opening up. Does anyone have tips for hygiene at the campsites? I've been thinking about getting an outdoor shower tent.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.