jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Re: Galway overnight

· 
Posted: 27.07.2023  ·  #81
Even they did put an Aire in I wouldn’t go near them. They have missed their opportunity as far as I’m concerned,

Liked by: sprinter

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.07.2023  ·  #82
That train has left for Cork 😀, speaking as a Corkman.

Ron W
Ron W
My Motorhome: Hymer B640 Starline
Base Vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2023  ·  #83
This isn't my post I've also copied the text & pasted it here:-
-------------------------------------------------

Galway parking - just saw this on another site:

I had responded to a post in another group, where someone asked about parking in Galway City. I had responded with No, they are anti MH.

I got this response from another member.

Paul Simpson that was true until recently, Apcoa have taken over the running of a few big council owned car parks so they are now technically private car parks so the by laws don’t apply. Apcoa have said they have no issue with MH’s parking overnight the only proviso is if your MH takes up 2 car spaces then you need 2 tickets (I think it’s €6.50 for 24hrs) one of them is a large car park beside the railway station that is right on Eyre Sq & if you arrive in the evening it should be almost empty.

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2023  ·  #84
That would be ideal if substantiated, Galway is a fantastic place to spend a few days if parking problems can be overcome👍

Liked by: HarryML, Ron W, TommyS

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2023  ·  #85
Still no official Aire and no services. A night in Galway would certainly fill your toilet.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2023  ·  #86
Each to their own but under no circumstances would I coincides blagging my way into a car park under some bye law in order to spend money somewhere that I was not welcome.
There are many parking areas and Aires where we are made welcome so I am happy to stick with them.👍

Liked by: relay racer

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2023  ·  #87
Quote by Ally

Still no official Aire and no services. A night in Galway would certainly fill your toilet.

Says the man with 3 cassettes 😳

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Galway overnight

· 
Posted: 11.08.2023  ·  #88
Quote by Ally

You'll be all right, so long as you stay away from the council chambers, that's where most of the stuff that fills cassette comes from. 😱

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2023  ·  #89
Quote by Albert the Talbot

Quote by Ally

Says the man with 3 cassettes 😳

haha, you're diluting the pint we are trying to make here :)

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2023  ·  #90
Quote by sprinter

Quote by Ally

You'll be all right, so long as you stay away from the council chambers, that's where most of the stuff that fills cassette comes from. 😱

Martin it would be a slurry tanker required for that visit.🤣

dubbrin
My Motorhome: 2002 Knaus Suntraveller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato II 2.8JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2023  ·  #91
Parked up in one of those Apoca car parks during the International Arts Festival. There were about 15 other campers in place when we arrived around 7pm. Paid our €5 and away we went. No hassle and everyone was well parked. Only negative was that someone tried to jimmy the garage door at some hour with a pry bar.... must have thought they'd get a bike out of it. Thankfully I have extra security on the inside but there's still a ding in the frame where they went for it :(

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2023  ·  #92
Quote by dubbrin

Parked up in one of those Apoca car parks during the International Arts Festival. There were about 15 other campers in place when we arrived around 7pm. Paid our €5 and away we went. No hassle and everyone was well parked. Only negative was that someone tried to jimmy the garage door at some hour with a pry bar.... must have thought they'd get a bike out of it. Thankfully I have extra security on the inside but there's still a ding in the frame where they went for it :(

Was that in the Black Box carpark?
Its in behind the cinema complex off the headford road,

That has had problems in the past with theft for cars aswell as Motirhomes

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2023  ·  #93
Quote by dubbrin

Tramps, working hard to get on with your hobby/ pastime, adding to local economy and some lazy theif want’s to nick your stuff

Liked by: Ally, sprinter

dubbrin
My Motorhome: 2002 Knaus Suntraveller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato II 2.8JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2023  ·  #94
Quote by mad max

Quote by dubbrin

Was that in the Black Box carpark?
Its in behind the cinema complex off the headford road,

That has had problems in the past with theft for cars aswell as Motirhomes

Yes, that's the one. Seems like an OK spot, but you just don't know...

Roulston1008
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Conversion
Base Vehicle: 2016 Citroen Relay
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.09.2023  ·  #95
Just back from Galway and it's getting worse there. We parked in the Cathedral Carpark that is run by Apoca. We had only parked up and a caretaker from the Church came over to us and we are not welcome here. He said there is a new parish priest and he is not in favour of motorhomes parking in the Cathedral grounds. I asked him is this a new thing as I have stayed here last year. He said it is and they have put up a No Motorhome sign at the entrance. My van is a converted Citroen Rely and there was ford transit van the same size as mine parked in front of me and he was ok with that parked there. So we went for a walk around Galway and came back an hour later and moved out to Spiddal and had a lovely night.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, Ron W, Sojim, TommyS

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.09.2023  ·  #96
After all the sad news lately regarding this destination any Motorhomer who wishes to go there should not expect sympathy as there will be none available .
Motorhomes are not welcome there so stay away and give your money to other establishments who will make you welcome.

Liked by: eirebus

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.09.2023  ·  #97
I’m inclined to disagree, the city traders are keen for our euros/pounds. The problem lies with the campsite owners relationship with the council/planners. Galway is still a great experience in my eyes

Liked by: Paul mcg

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.09.2023  ·  #98
Quote by Albert the Talbot

I’m inclined to disagree, the city traders are keen for our euros/pounds. The problem lies with the campsite owners relationship with the council/planners. Galway is still a great experience in my eyes

Campsite operators and their trade bodies are dead nuts against the provision of motorhome parking anywhere.
Cork Co. Co. called their bluff back along which is why Cork is now one of the most motorhome friendly counties on the island
SEE HERE

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Galway overnight

· 
Posted: 04.09.2023  ·  #99
Quote by Roulston1008

Just back from Galway and it's getting worse there. We parked in the Cathedral Carpark that is run by Apoca. We had only parked up and a caretaker from the Church came over to us and we are not welcome here. He said there is a new parish priest and he is not in favour of motorhomes parking in the Cathedral grounds. I asked him is this a new thing as I have stayed here last year. He said it is and they have put up a No Motorhome sign at the entrance. My van is a converted Citroen Rely and there was ford transit van the same size as mine parked in front of me and he was ok with that parked there. So we went for a walk around Galway and came back an hour later and moved out to Spiddal and had a lovely night.

Your answer should have been ," are you telling me SUR that as a member
of the ethnic minority travelling community ,I'm not allude to pray in this Big Church." " I'll be back with all my relations, for the Fockin novina and than we'll see what's what's "
And then watch the heathen b*****d run for cover.

Roulston1008
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Conversion
Base Vehicle: 2016 Citroen Relay
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.09.2023  ·  #100
Quote by sprinter

Your answer should have been ," are you telling me SUR that as a member
of the ethnic minority travelling community ,I'm not allude to pray in this Big Church." " I'll be back with all my relations, for the Fockin novina and than we'll see what's what's "
And then watch the heathen b*****d run for cover.
[/quote]

:happy: :D :lol:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.