Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

What have we done?!?

· 
Posted: 20.04.2020  ·  #1
Well folks, mistakes were made... we sold our MH :( :(

We went for a "testing the waters" kind of thing and the interest was absolutely overwhelming and sure enough, with restrictions and all the van was paid and gone way too soon.

The plan was to have a bit extra cash for a potential house move or go for an upgrade if plan A doesn't fall through. Now we face a situation where we can't explore either option due to the current situation and the more I think about it and things keep changing, for a house move would be put on hold for several months now.

So we pretty much ended up empty handed and regretting all our decisions!!!!! While she was 25 years old, it was fully functional and as some of you guys may know, I spent a lot of time and money improving the van to the best I could so know finding something that matches that high standard will be a really tough go (not to mention that we can't even go to check vans right now).

I suppose, I'm going for a support group sort of thing so let me star with:

- Hi, I'm Rami, I'm an idiot and I miss my van (even if it was only parked on my driveway for the foreseeable future)

Cheers!!

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: What have we done?!?

· 
Posted: 20.04.2020  ·  #2
There is always another around the corner. Sit back and it will come to you.

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2020  ·  #3
Yes my motto is. Good things come to those who wait.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2020  ·  #4
Thanks lads, I really hope so!!!

Can't do much more other than wait now.

FYI, seems to be great time to sell if any is in that predicament.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2020  ·  #5
Quote by RTV

FYI, seems to be great time to sell if any is in that predicament.

Hmm <_< ;-)

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

What have we done?!?

· 
Posted: 20.04.2020  ·  #6
Rami. There is certain no accounting for the way this lock down effects people. If you were that stuck for a few quid for groceries you should have let us know, we would have had a whip around, now we can only shake our heads and try not to laugh, while we try to cry with you in sympathy.
😭😢😭😂🤣😃😢😭😢

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.04.2020  ·  #7
Just think how much more clued in you will be the next time you look to buy a van...

Nothing will ever be good enough!

Only joking, these things have a habit of working out for the best.

We were bidding on a house back in 2012. There were no other bidders but the seller who was the original developer of the estate wouldn't budge on the asking. We were due our third child late in the year and I just took the view that I'm not bidding against myself and if its still there in a few months after the baby arrived we might look at it again.
It was still there but we didn't look at it again, we bought a bigger house with a bigger garden in a better estate nearby.

If the seller of the house we were originally bidding on had come some way to meet in the middle he'd have found a sale and we'd probably have ended up looking to move again since then. If you're setting yourself up for a move, don't worry about a delay of a few months, it may just be for the best. Once you have your sh*t together as best as you can, you'll be in a good place to look to move at the end of this shitstorm.

Liked by: 99Duke, Ally, JJF, panda, RTV, sprinter

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.04.2020  ·  #8
Quote by sprinter

Rami. There is certain no accounting for the way this lock down effects people. If you were that stuck for a few quid for groceries you should have let us know, we would have had a whip around, now we can only shake our heads and try not to laugh, while we try to cry with you in sympathy.
😭😢😭😂🤣😃😢😭😢

haha, that's it.. I'll blame the lockdown. Whatever madness possessed me to sell it must have come from the virus!!!

In all seriousness, I'm grateful that both still have jobs and while mine has been affected and they'll reduce payment I'm still pretty lucky!!

Quote by <BM>

Just think how much more clued in you will be the next time you look to buy a van...

Nothing will ever be good enough!

Only joking, these things have a habit of working out for the best.

We were bidding on a house back in 2012. There were no other bidders but the seller who was the original developer of the estate wouldn't budge on the asking. We were due our third child late in the year and I just took the view that I'm not bidding against myself and if its still there in a few months after the baby arrived we might look at it again.
It was still there but we didn't look at it again, we bought a bigger house with a bigger garden in a better estate nearby.

If the seller of the house we were originally bidding on had come some way to meet in the middle he'd have found a sale and we'd probably have ended up looking to move again since then. If you're setting yourself up for a move, don't worry about a delay of a few months, it may just be for the best. Once you have your sh*t together as best as you can, you'll be in a good place to look to move at the end of this shitstorm.

Thanks for sharing your experience and I'm actually on a pretty similar situation myself... back in March we did put an offer down on a house and your man said "no" for a €10k difference, we were at our absolute limit of what we could spend so we took a step back and we decided to let it go. The house seems to still be on the market and I bet he's regretting that decision, but hey... as you said it might not meant to be. Right now, it's absolutely not the time to buy a house until things get a bit clearer so even if he comes back to us today, I will have to say "no".

So yeah, time will tell now.... at the end of the day and if I try to look at it from a bright side, I don't have the van collecting dust on my drive way, it's nice to have a few extra bobs int he bank account as a safety net and claiming back insurance money plus not having to worry about going through another CVRT this year, I guess it all adds up a little bit.

Now, if the restrictions are lifted in May and I can't go out with the van all this positivism will go down the drain but hey, I'll figure it out :P

Cheers,
Rami

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.