In shock

Daffysparks

Subject:

In shock

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #1
Is everyone else in shock too. 3 more weeks minimum. That is going to be tough, mentally for everyone, and financially for a lot of folk. If you are still working, (unless front line, of course) thank your lucky stars. It’s going to be a long road back. I for one am struggling, and I’m getting emergency call outs to keep me sane, though, some bring their own stress, as in going to front line workers homes, ( god knows how they feel every day) but, look, folks, this is something we just have to do. No f#%king around. Stick to the plan folks. We will prevail

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

Re: In shock

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #2
To right David and it is hard to see where the end is,but we must take this serious as you are a long time dead.
With us there are a lot of construction workers working that should not be,life must not be precious to them or they are to dim to understand the consequences.

Liked by: Ally, panda, sprinter, +deleted user

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #3
There wasn't an improvement in the critical numbers of hospitalisations, ICU admissions and very sadly, deaths, to warrant any kind of easing of restrictuons.
I never expected there to be any roll back of restrictions in just 2 weeks and was fully expecting another two weeks. The critical numbers have to a degree been contained better than in other countries so what we haven't seen is a further increase in restrictions. This is a small positive.
The extension of the restrictions for three weeks is more than I expected but when you put it in the context of the May bank holiday, at least people are getting the message early that they shouldn't be planning an end of lockdown blowout.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, panda, sprinter, TippOff, Whelaneil, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #4
Yeah I think two weeks was what we were all expecting. In hindsight, including the May bank holiday weekend makes sense. Especially after watching the gobshites this weekend

Liked by: sprinter, TippOff

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #5
I didnt find it surprising at all. I expect a lot more of it :(

Liked by: eirebus

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #6
David did you not know that those gobshites are immune to this virus? Here is one for you,I know of a contractor who brought in another squad of subies after his original ones stoped work because of the Corona Virus.
Humans can sometimes be the scum of the earth.

Liked by: Ally, +deleted user

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #7
Quote by ntg

Humans can sometimes be the scum of the earth.

A lot of them are showing their true colours thats for sure. I have never witnessed such idiocy.

Liked by: ntg

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #8
Quote by Ally

I didnt

Liked by: Ally

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #9
I didn’t find It surprising either, and expect something similar to follow here in the North. My concern is the second wave which seems to be a certainty and how serious that will be.
I am 66 with no particularly serious health issues other than the normal deterioration by age. I have to say I am in no hurry to be starting to mix with people when the powers do release us. I think I will continue to sort of self isolate as I see the situation develop.
I had at one stage hoped to do our usual 2 weeks in Cork over the summer, but at present I only see us doing short one and two day trips.
A long period of suffering, but tolerable compared to bereaved families and the stresses the frontline staff will undergo.

Davy

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, GMAC, JJF, +deleted user

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #10
Under normal circumstances we would have been spending the first night of our Easter holidays in Portugal ,I am happy to be at home just hoping to be able to enjoy Hollidays in the future.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #11
It is surreal. Tbh I am struggling with it all. I am very unused to this level of inactivity. I KNOW others are at the coal face. I’m just being honest.

Liked by: Ally, ntg, sprinter

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #12
Quote by Daffysparks

It is surreal. Tbh I am struggling with it all. I am very unused to this level of inactivity. I KNOW others are at the coal face. I’m just being honest.

I posted this today to faecebook:

A huge collective worldwide hysteria and panic. Breathe everyone, stay at home and breathe. Turn the TV off and breathe, put music on and close your eyes and breathe. Relax and breathe. 💪

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #13
Quote by Daffysparks

You most certainly are not alone,I had difficulty accepting it at the beginning but now am just keeping myself busy doing things around the house that I never seem to have time to do.
The businesses that have carried on and are not frontline deserve every difficulty that lies ahead for them.

Liked by: Ally, sprinter

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #14
Yeah, the world is uneasy, people are in a state of uncertainty.... but
It WILL end, it WILL dissipate and we WILL once again live in a more ‘normal’ existence.
Let this be a lesson to us all, nothing is guaranteed, nothing is a given, but for the grace of God go we...
Money doesn’t buy time, wealth doesn’t buy health.... but friends do buy happiness and memories are there to be made.
One life, live it.
Chill folks, a brighter day lies ahead.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #15
This is posted in a public section of the forums so a bif difficult for me.

But here goes... I have a few other things going on, friends will know what that is. Accepting this was ok, I could deal with it, thats what I thought.

I was soo wrong and a bit of a meltdown happened, well more than a bit. But I also try and hold down other things and people, my wife is sick and it's not confirmed it's Covid-19 buts it's pretty obvious it is. So today I melted...... you know what, I'm not emabrrassed to say that, my Father is 78 and lives more or less next door, my wife isn't well and I am trying through all of this to keep several business's going, busines's that do not require human contact but need human interaction.

Today I broke. f**k it, tonight I got through it :-|

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #16
I spent the first couple of weeks waking up to find out it wasn’t all just a bad dream. I still have periods of disbelief. Part of my coping strategy is routine exercise and I finally got around to doing daily mindfulness meditation. Well I’m just beginning. And of coarse our dog keeps us sane. She has no clue what is going on. Talk about living in the now.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, ntg

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #17
Quote by Ally

Sorry to hear all that Ally. You’ll get through it. Just think, it will be one hell f a craic meet that lies ahead

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

on In shock

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #18
Quote by Ally

I'm with you Ally. we have 2 week trip booked in Achill for end of July / August before the youngest G/D starts secondary school, I would want at least a month clear before that and I think we might be lucky if that happens.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #19
Quote by Ally

But here goes... I have a few other things going on, friends will know what that is. Accepting this was ok, I could deal with it, thats what I thought.

I was soo wrong and a bit of a meltdown happened, well more than a bit. But I also try and hold down other things and people, my wife is sick and it's not confirmed it's Covid-19 buts it's pretty obvious it is. So today I melted...... you know what, I'm not emabrrassed to say that, my Father is 78 and lives more or less next door, my wife isn't well and I am trying through all of this to keep several business's going, busines's that do not require human contact but need human interaction.

I really hope that you and yours will be ok. This is really serious folks, it’s not until it gets up close and personal, that the jokes stop. Then... they stop forever. No joke.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, JJF, ntg, TippOff

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #20
Quote by Ally

Stay strong Ally and wish Julie a speedy recovery.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

In shock

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #21
Quote by The Rambler

Quote by Ally

Sorry to hear all that Ally. You’ll get through it. Just think, it will be one hell f a craic meet that lies ahead

I hope this might help both of you in a little way. if you have enjoyed my imput to "have a laugh " and ""Floods and other thing " over the last while , well they all came from my buddy Jim who has battled this f***ing virus for the last 3 weeks and when I spoke to him today he was putting in a few veg plants, he is very tired but hopes to go back to work next week.
so there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
To be honest I cant say I'm praying for you because I have long since given that a wide berth.
I think I can speak for us all in wishing and hoping you both come trough this including your extended family, and thoes who think it will help I'm also sure they are praying fot you too.
stay as safe as you can and if there is anything you think we can do please dont hesitate to ask even if it is to do NOTHING AND STAY PUT.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #22
Quote by sprinter

I hope this might help both of you in a little way. if you have enjoyed my imput to "have a laugh " and ""Floods and other thing " over the last while , well they all came from my buddy Jim who has battled this f***ing virus for the last 3 weeks and when I spoke to him today he was putting in a few veg plants, he is very tired but hopes to go back to work next week.
so there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
To be honest I cant say I'm praying for you because I have long since given that a wide berth.
I think I can speak for us all in wishing and hoping you both come trough this including your extended family, and thoes who think it will help I'm also sure they are praying fot you too.
stay as safe as you can and if there is anything you think we can do please dont hesitate to ask even if it is to do NOTHING AND STAY PUT.

Thanks Martin.

Julies breathing is ok as of yet so fingers crossed (and everything else) thats how it continues.

Liked by: eirebus, panda, TippOff

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #23
Stay strong folks.
Very much in our thoughts.
This will be beaten......
As already said, when it comes close like this the joking stops and the serious head goes on.....
Get well Julie, we know how strong you are 🙏

Liked by: Ally, denbo, eirebus, R&N, sprinter, TippOff, +deleted user

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #24
It makes all of our problems a lot smaller.

----------------------------

There are members on Motorhomecraic going through a lot today, you know who you are. My absolute sincerest sympathy to you :love:

The community is here for you.

Liked by: eirebus, JJF, norma, ntg, panda, Paul mcg, sprinter, TippOff, TommyS, Whelaneil, +deleted user

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

In shock

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #25
Quote by Ally

Julies breathing is ok as of yet so fingers crossed (and everything else) thats how it continues.

That is the real bugger , the main thing is to try not to panic. 😘 tell her we all pledge her a big hug and she can collect them st future Craic Meets.
😁🤗

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #26
Ally, we are thinking of you both. We are shielding our youngest, Tom, he’s 21 but has CF. He’s been isolated now for 3 weeks and we are petrified every time we need to leave the house to shop, in case we bring this f#### virus home with us. However, Spirits are good and I am supported by our friends and their stories on this forum. It lightens the mood and takes my mind off the scarey stuff. We can all get through this together.

Still a pity we weren’t meeting in Portstewart this weekend for a bit of craic. But there’s always next year.

Stay safe.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #27
I can honestly see Julie coming to a meet shortly with a strange looking thing in a cage. Oh this thing, it’s the coronavirus, little fecker, gets a bit aggressive, we have to keep an eye on him. Ahh he’s nice really.
She loves everyone ,we love her.
C’mon Julie 💪🏻💪🏻

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, panda, sprinter

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #28
Quote by Daffysparks

I can honestly see Julie coming to a meet shortly with a strange looking thing in a cage. Oh this thing, it’s the coronavirus, little fecker, gets a bit aggressive, we have to keep an eye on him. Ahh he’s nice really.
She loves everyone ,we love her.
C’mon Julie 💪🏻💪🏻

:love:

Liked by: +deleted user

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #29
We are thinking of you Julie...❤

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, sprinter, +deleted user

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #30
Positive thoughts Julie and Ally 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, TippOff, +deleted user

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #31
Quote by Ally

There are members on Motorhomecraic going through a lot today, you know who you are. My absolute sincerest sympathy to you

Sincere sympathies also to them members and the family also,
In our thoughts and prayers 🙏🏻

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, sprinter, TippOff, +deleted user

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #32
Quote by mad max

Quote by Ally

There are members on Motorhomecraic going through a lot today, you know who you are. My absolute sincerest sympathy to you

Sincere sympathies also to them members and the family also,
In our thoughts and prayers 🙏🏻

🙏

Billy H
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2020  ·  #33
Thinking of you Ally and Julie

Liked by: Ally

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #34
Hope Julie makes it speedy recovery and your dad stays clear of it completely.

Liked by: Ally, ntg, TippOff, +deleted user

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #35
@Ally I hope everything works out ok for you and the family. There will be better days ahead hopefully for us all 🙏

Liked by: Ally, denbo, eirebus, ntg

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #36
Only catching up on forum now, with news of Julie, get well soon and those families who are directly affected by virus , patient, family or carer. As others have said it seems unreal until you know someone.
Our son is 30 and has been in lockdown a month in residential care , they are very good at keeping in touch. He is happy, but we had an anxious few days while one of friends had been isolated, but Covid test was negative.
Thinking of you all this Easter 2020, keep writing, and being here for each other.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, JJF, Mark&Wendy, ntg, panda, sprinter, TommyS, +deleted user

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #37
The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #38
Quote by Ally

Today is a new day. The sun is shining, it's quiet outside but very peaceful.

😊

That’s the spirit.

Liked by: Ally, ntg, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #39
Aye. I overcooked it last night. Drowning my sorrows. Paybacks a bitch 🤕

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, ntg, sprinter

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #40
Quote by Daffysparks

Aye. I overcooked it last night. Drowning my sorrows. Paybacks a bitch 🤕

You and me both, but I decided a few years ago I wasn't going to bother with hangovers.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.