Sensible precautions - airbag ECU problem.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Sensible precautions - airbag ECU problem.

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #1
For those of us who have the Fiat Ducato/Peugeot Boxer/Citroen Relay based motorhomes from roughly 2010 onwards there have been quite a few who have had an airbag ecu problem. The problems are mainly code B0100 (i think thats the number) this is caused by a low voltage on the starter battery and the only way to clear it is to either get the ecu replaced or send it off to a company called crashdata.co.uk for reprogramming.

So with the current season about to start for those that lay up over winter before you even attempt to start the vans please charge the starter battery first it has the potential to save you a lot of time and money to resolve.

It has happen to me and I removed the ecu and sent it off to crashdata who returned it the same day they received it fully cleared of the code, but I know of others who have gone to the main fiat/peugeot dealer and had the units replaced at the cost of hundreds of pounds. This can be avoided with a bit of forethought.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.