The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: Temporary site closures

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #41
I don’t see why parks should close, as long as the operators put the correct measures in place to ensure hygiene, distancing etc. If that means reducing the number of spaces available if necessary , then that’s understandable.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #42
Quote by Vanarooney

Hi we currently in salthill caravan park. We are the only ones here yesterday and today. Lovely and peaceful. They tell us they are staying open

Corona or no Corona I doubt they'll be getting too many from here checking in. ;-) :-)

Liked by: CHAUSSON, eirebus

Vanarooney
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #43
Your loss

airhead_eire

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #44
Quote by Vanarooney

Your loss

Not really.

Liked by: CHAUSSON

Vanarooney
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #45
I think not you miserable gits

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #46
Quote by Vanarooney

Hi we currently in salthill caravan park. We are the only ones here yesterday and today. Lovely and peaceful. They tell us they are staying open

Motorhomes are avoiding Galway city because of their attitude to motorhome parking , that could be why you're on your own??

Liked by: davetherave

Vanarooney
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #47
Am aware of all this have parked at docks in past and was disappointed at clampdown. I was trying to be helpful giving update on situation regarding site closures. But sadly I think some people here are really small minded when it comes to paying for anything to do with motorhome parking

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #48
Sorry wasn't slagging you off but you would like to see somewhere like the docks available to us again,it was an ideal spot open all year that was really my point

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #49
Quote by Vanarooney

Am aware of all this have parked at docks in past and was disappointed at clampdown. I was trying to be helpful giving update on situation regarding site closures. But sadly I think some people here are really small minded when it comes to paying for anything to do with motorhome parking

That comment doesn't gel with the fact that motorhomers paid in the region of €20k in parking charges to Cobh during 2018. We also paid significant sums to parking providers at Sneem, Eyeries, Portumna, Redbarn and Ardmore, to name a few.

Don't get me wrong, if I require the availability of full campsite facilities I have no problem checking into a caravan and camping park, but if I just want somewhere to park I will choose a regulated motorhome parking area or perhaps a nice unregulated spot if the latter isn't available.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #50
Quote by The Rambler

I don’t see why parks should close, as long as the operators put the correct measures in place to ensure hygiene, distancing etc. If that means reducing the number of spaces available if necessary , then that’s understandable.

Social distancing is only one part of the issue. There is also the problem associated with potential virus transmission via touched surfaces like toilet, washing-up and washroom and other facilities in common use.
The constant vigilance by a site operator/owner to ensure a sterile environment would be quite onerous.
It would be interesting to hear from @Vanarooney what measures were in place at Salthill CP for his protection.

Liked by: eirebus

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #51
Quote by Vanarooney

I have no problem with paying for campsite, aires or any other place that charges if I want to stay there. My problem would be with that particular site, I always advise people who intend going there to make alternative arrangements. There's plenty of information on this forum as to why a lot of motorhomers wouldn't go near the place. :-)

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Temporary site closures

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #52
Quote by Vanarooney

Hazel, I think you are the one that's out of line here.

If you have indeed been following the Galway posts, you would understand why people are pissed with Galway, for bad service, ripped off, banned, fined and generally not welcome in the City,
If you don't understand, I suggest you go back and read the posts and you just might realize that you do not, have the right to brand us as "miserable gits ".

That said, stay safe, enjoy your trip and if you have any useful input please let us all know, what's going on out there with open and closed sites is the information we need.
I would think site owners, should shut down their services, saving themselves a lot of extra work, just leaving waste and water available since Aire facilities is all that is needed

Liked by: baguette, TommyS

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #53
Quote by Vanarooney

??????? No need for that kind remark, your attitude is no different to management on that site your referring to. Have you a connection with them?

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #54
I think there are two separate conversations going on here. One to do with a contributor to this thread who might not be fully up to speed on the views many on here have about how Galway treats motorhomers. The other is about whether campsites should stay open. Im only interested in the latter.

My point is just that we will all be expected to self isolate possibly for many many months. As long as there is no imposed lockdown, people will need to find ways to get out and about. Get exercise, get sunlight. They need to do that as safely and as responsibly as possible. The world is never going to be the same again and life goes on in some form or another. I would argue that campsites, potentially, are a much more benign and safe environment then say a hotel, a B&B or a cruise ship. If you are self contained you might not need or may wish to avoid any communal facilities. Perhaps a campsite owner would keep the camper kitchen and tv room shut entirely.

There might be an important role here for camping grounds to play, is all I say. But Im prepared to change my mind as things progress. For now, I feel as safe, if not safer, checking into a campsite as I do buying groceries or diesel. Stay safe everyone.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #55
Just home from an overnight stay on docks we didn't notice the signs when arrived yesterday but did before leaving. Called port of Galway and they said we should have been clamped this morning ^^ I wonder has anyone actually been clamped would try again if thought could get away with it

Vanarooney. Just drawing your attention to another post of yours. It would suggest you are not averse to parking for free.

Liked by: sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.