Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Nerja declares war on motor homes

· 
Posted: 15.03.2020  ·  #3
Not a bit wonder. Benidorm this year was crazy, parked in back streets, car parks, waste ground..... mad, 100K motorhomes and won’t pay a site fee in a very busy tourist destination?. Sorry, in this case I’ve little sympathy...... OK for a night or two where you don’t cause a nuisance...... but weeks on end and they deserve to be fined. Those types wreck it for the majority of sensible motorhomers.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.03.2020  ·  #4
Not even Jesus could stop the tax collectors this time...Too much water and wine being turned into grey water I suspect. Then people were walking on (grey) water maybe...

“President of the Spanish caravan association, Jesús Gallardo, has described a recent wave of fines handed out to motor home owners in Nerja as "illegal" and a "crusade".”

Liked by: JJF

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.03.2020  ·  #5
Quote by JJF

Not a bit wonder. Benidorm this year was crazy, parked in back streets, car parks, waste ground..... mad, 100K motorhomes and won’t pay a site fee in a very busy tourist destination?. Sorry, in this case I’ve little sympathy...... OK for a night or two where you don’t cause a nuisance...... but weeks on end and they deserve to be fined. Those types wreck it for the majority of sensible motorhomers.

Could not agree more Jon,we saw it for ourselves 2 years ago in Benidorm and Christmas past in Tenerife there were areas within residential buildings crammed with motorhomes.
Would these thoughtless Motorhomers want that kind of behaviour on their own door step?

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.03.2020  ·  #6
I have said this before but over winter I regularly meet MH owners who brag about how little they have spent, for some it is like a competition to see how little they can spend and find the cheapest ways to obtain water and empty cassettes.

Some “free” spots look like communes with people who have taken over a patch of land for days, weeks or months and yes quite often these long stayers are the ones in €100000 + motorhomes.

It’s cheap in Spain there are good parking options from free Aires to ones which incur a small charge to sites that are generally good value (especially with the acsi card) in Spain compared to the uk and Ireland but no there are people who are so tight and inconsiderate that they will park and camp without a thought for anyone else.
I was in torrox on a very reasonable campsite and I walked down to the new commercial aire and saw pubs/restaurants with space that was intended for patrons to park packed with MHs albeit the land wasn’t probably owned by the pub or restaurant but even so very selfish behaviour but some MH owners.

We take the piss and then wonder why the place is inexcessible the next time around.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.03.2020  ·  #7
In one of the residential areas in Tenerife this year among many motorhomes parked up there was one with a for sale sign on it from the Uk with a price tag of £65000.

Liked by: Ally, JJF

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.03.2020  ·  #8
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Some “free” spots look like communes with people who have taken over a patch of land for days, weeks or months and yes quite often these long stayers are the ones in €100000 + motorhomes.

Malin Head, May 2019 Craic meet.

English Motorhomer pulls in, nowhere to park. A Craic'er let him park with us for free. He was in a £100,000 + tag axle Hymer.

He was in Ireland for 5 weeks.

Hymer: £100,000
Boat fare: £300
5 week holiday: £1000 spending minimum.
Fuel: £1000

He came over and asked us could we recommend any spots, he got excited when I mentioned the MPI App.

Once he learned it was £4.59 he soon changed his mind. No amount of 'how it would save him money' would convince him.

He walked away, then changed his mind and came back over. He asked me what time I get up in the morning as if I didn't mind he would call in the morning and pick my brains for the best places to park. I just turned and said, no f"***ing thanks.

These are all the same people, the same people who steal others digital maps, won't pay for parking, wouldn't buy a pint and would rather sit in their van in a forest being miserable.

The English got quite a mouthful that evening, but there are plenty of them at home, they usually frequent the free loading Facebook groups. Not all who use those groups are free loaders.

The same people who ruin it for us all.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.03.2020  ·  #9
Quote by JJF

The other side of the coin.
February 2018 we arrived in Murcia/Andalucia region and could not get a pitch in a campsite for more than the odd night, all full. There is definitely a shortage of campsites and official Aires. It does ease up in late March though.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #10
Fully agree with you Colin.
But when you are confronted with a group of complete freeloaders who blatantly park en-mass wherever they hell they can get for free even when there is capacity available in tourist hotspots it gets on your wick........ big difference in that and a responsible motorhomer like yourself who only parks out of necessity because capacity isn’t available and that will only be for a night or two at most.
The irresponsible ones are the ones who gets us all banned and tarred with the one brush.

Liked by: eirebus, GMAC

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.