99Duke
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Auto Trail
Base Vehicle: 1999 Ducato 2.8d
Subject:

Travelling from Ireland to Wales

· 
Posted: 08.02.2020  ·  #1
Hello folk, does anyone know what we need to take with us when getting the ferry from Dublin to Wales. I'll assume passports for us all, log book for the campervan? ....and what's the story with the dog? Do we need to get a passport for the westie? Thanks in advance.

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

Re: Travelling from Ireland to Wales

· 
Posted: 08.02.2020  ·  #2
If your only going to GB you will only need ferry tickets

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2020  ·  #3
Driving licence for indentification is fine (for now). You are supposed to have pet passports and from recent discussions you may (but probably not) be asked for one on the return journey.

99Duke
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2020  ·  #4
Thanks Albert. We can't find much info on taking the dog across? We heard stories of 6 months quarantine for dogs going to other countries! And stories of getting a passport for a dog, but we can't find much data. Mr.google says a lot about show dogs and exemptions etc., etc.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2020  ·  #5
I’m interested in this Re the dog. Considering bringing the dog to Wales in April

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2020  ·  #6
You should have the logbook (Registration Cert. RF101) with you as proof of ownership if stopped by police.
If you're not on the logbook you need a letter of permission from who is to take the vehicle out of the country.

99Duke
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2020  ·  #7
Great tips and advice, thanks. I've since found out that our local vet will make out a passport and certify the dog has got a Rabies shot. She is microchipped already, so that's sorted, just letting Panda know that a microchip cert is required to make up the passport. Once the Rabies shot has been administered 21 days before arriving in the holdiay country, then the dog is good to go!

Thinking about taking a ramble through the upper part of Wales in July or August, so I'll throw the RF101 (log book) in the glove box along with tickets, our own passports or licences and the dogs paperwork from the vet (aka 'passport').

Liked by: Ally, panda, sprinter

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2020  ·  #8
Quote by 99Duke

so I'll throw the RF101 (log book) in the glove box along with tickets, our own passports or licences and the dogs paperwork from the vet (aka 'passport').

not a good idea to leave it in the glove box, i have safe so docs go in there and also carry photo copies and have all docs in PDF on phone and tablet.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StolenMotorhomeDatabase/

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.02.2020  ·  #9
Quote by rebbyvid

Quote by 99Duke

so I'll throw the RF101 (log book) in the glove box along with tickets, our own passports or licences and the dogs paperwork from the vet (aka 'passport').

not a good idea to leave it in the glove box, i have safe so docs go in there and also carry photo copies and have all docs in PDF on phone and tablet.

Mine is 'buried deep' in the mh. I also email myself scanned copied of ALL my documents, passport, licence, insurance, RF101, EHIC card, engine reset code, etc. etc., If the unfortunate happens and all are taken/lost at least I have all the necessary reference numbers etc.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Travelling from Ireland to Wales

· 
Posted: 09.02.2020  ·  #10
Quote by baguette

Quote by rebbyvid

Quote by 99Duke

so I'll throw the RF101 (log book) in the glove box along with tickets, our own passports or licenses and the dog's paperwork from the vet (aka 'passport').

not a good idea to leave it in the glove box, I have a safe so docs go in there and also carry photocopies and have all docs in PDF on phone and tablet.

Mine is 'buried deep' in the mh. I also email myself scanned copied of ALL my documents, passport, license, insurance, RF101, EHIC card, engine reset code, etc. etc., If the unfortunate happens and all are taken/lost at least I have all the necessary reference numbers, etc.

I would add to this that we all should carry with you, your next of kin details with some taught as to who you would like to notified first, some people are better at handling, and passing on, information to others.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.