Wish we could make our minds up.

Cookie
Craic'er
Subject:

Where do we go from here?

· 
Posted: 17.11.2012  ·  #1
Hi Guys

Just a update on what we are up to, we are in Perpignan South of France at the moment we were South of Bordeaux a few weeks ago then decided we would go to the motorhome show at the NEC.

We went there and drooled for a bit, then we decided we would go to Ireland, so we got the ferry from Liverpool to Belfast and went to the Battery Bar for Halloween.

We were there a week and decided it was too cold in Ireland so exactly a week after getting there we were on the ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg. (thanks for the discount Ally)

We took 3 days to get to Perpignan and that is where we have been for about 9 days, the problem is we are missing Ireland and are thinking of coming back again, (yes I know we must be crazy) we have contacted the person we rented the house from last winter in Clonmany Co. Donegal and it is available.

There is no way we want to be in the motorhome full time through winter in Ireland(we were in it until the middle of January in Ireland last year and froze our asses off until we rented the house)

We have been travelling since March of last year so we think we would like a break from the motorhome as well.

Basically what I am getting at is do you think we have lost our marbles or we are not quite right for coming back hehe. although we would still like to catch up and do some meets as we had a ball the last time we did it with you guys,

I think we may be over the full time motorhome thing and just need to settle for a while somewhere, mind you we may get back into a house and get itchy feet(sorry foot) and want to take off again.

Anyway enough of my rambling, you may see us in a week or so you might not who knows because we sure as hell don't.

Whatever happens we wish you all the best for Christmas and the New year, and as the old Dixon of Dock green saying goes “Lets be safe out there”

Cheers
Cookie

Kelvin and Lucy

Subject:

Re: Where do we go from here?

· 
Posted: 17.11.2012  ·  #2
Lucky you in Perpignan.
If I was there and getting reasonable weather I would be staying. It is always possible to rent a house in that area to free you from the Motorhome for a while and still get the climate. (That's is just me of course)

Weather here is just starting to get cold and I long for sunshine LOL.

We were in the same area in July. Leucate, narbonne Plage etc. and loved it.

It would be great to meet up again but have a good think about it.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2012  ·  #3
You have lost your marbles, you will be the first person in the history of mankind to come to Ireland in the winter from a warmer climate with a choice :D

digger
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Mirage 6000
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2012  ·  #4
Dementia (taken from Latin, originally meaning "madness", from de- "without" + ment, the root of mens "mind") is a serious loss of global cognitive ability in a previously unimpaired person, beyond what might be expected from normal ageing. It may be static, the result of a unique global brain injury, or progressive, resulting in long-term decline due to damage or disease in the body. Although dementia is far more common in the geriatric population, it can occur before the age of 65, in which case it is termed "early onset dementia".[1]

hope this helps :D

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2012  ·  #5
yep kelvin you have lost your marbles rent a place there or in spain and come back here for a nice wet summer next year send your new address and if you are unlucky we might all come over and visit

Robbie

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2012  ·  #6
Everyone here wants to be there or down into Spain and your thinking of coming here lol. heres an interesting clip from the Express Yesterday

http://www.express.co.uk/posts…ars-on-way

I'll take the France Spain option any day :-)

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.11.2012  ·  #7
Don"t do it.... Gale force winds and horizontal rain this am. It starts to get dark at 4:00pm. and doesn"t get light until 8:15 am. :( Next summer seems soooooo far away ! I"d stay where the weather"s kind, the food"s good and the wine is cheap. :up:

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.11.2012  ·  #8
i know of someone who is possibly looking for someone to rent their house out to in Catalunya!!

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.11.2012  ·  #9
Quote by PaulH

Don"t do it.... Gale force winds and horizontal rain this am. It starts to get dark at 4:00pm. and doesn"t get light until 8:15 am. :( Next summer seems soooooo far away ! I"d stay where the weather"s kind, the food"s good and the wine is cheap. :up:

That! :up:

Cookie
Craic'er
Subject:

Sorry we are coming back

· 
Posted: 21.11.2012  ·  #10
Hi guys

Thank you all for the words of wisdom but we still chose to ignore them. we are getting the ferry from Cherborg tonight (yes I know we must be a few sheep short in the top paddock hehe) but we have a bit of drama with Lucy's Mum and Dad in Donegal.

Anyway right or wrong we will be there and look forward to getting the snow shovels out and catching up with you all.
Take care
Cookie

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2012  ·  #11
Must be all that Fosters you have drunk over the years :)

Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2012  ·  #12
Are you sure you are doing the right thing.
There was an earthquake in Donegal today.

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.11.2012  ·  #13
Ah well, ya" gotta" do what ya" gotta do. Welcome to the Emerald Isle :up:

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.02.2013  ·  #14
In case anyone is wondering - last time I spoke to Cookie by telephone he was getting the boat to England to sell his Motorhome and then go home to Australia. He said he MIGHT get another Motorhome in the future.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.