Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Trumatic combi problem solved

· 
Posted: 04.01.2020  ·  #1
Hi folks,

My Trumatic C3402/C6402 (in 2001 Adria) started to act up a bit on the last 2 or 3 trips,
It would heat the water and the blower would come on and throw out heat and then fans would slow down as usual, when the temp would drop the fans wouldn't come on nice n quiet as usual, instead it was full blast and then the fans would stop where as before the fans would slow before stopping,

Did the usual checked stat etc but found nothing wrong,
Yesterday morning turned on heater to heat the MH before we were leaving for a trip, Fans ran for 2 or 3 mins then just stopped,
After googling again (I had checked fans and stats before) similar problems on some of the uk sites pointed to the PCB (one mentioned €700 to replace)

I took a can of contact cleaner to the PCB and an old tooth brush, scrubbed it clean of anything that looked foreign, also cleaned the block connecters that plug into the board, blew it dry with an air line and put it back together, (the way I looked at it was I had not a lot to loose if it didnt work)

Well so far so good, stat seems to be pretty close to the set temp and fans acting normally again,
Fingers crossed that I have it sorted 🙏🏻

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.