heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

Total Low Lifers

· 
Posted: 17.11.2019  ·  #1
Well that's being polite what I would like to call them would get me banned for life

When we bought our first camper a few years ago Maureen decided that in case she didn't like a camper we would keep our caravan that we had bought new about 4 years before. Anyway 3 no 4 campers later we still have the caravan but now it is on permanent loan to our son.
Message received this morning some *!*!*!*! >_< had thought it would be a laugh to climb up a 8 foot fence and throw a full brick at the caravan so hard it had punctured a hole through the metal skin the expanded poly and the inner wall. plus a couple of other dents where they have chucked sticks at it.
The wall is all one piece so my guess is that it will all have to be replaced and with internal damage the insurance company may just right it off as it is now 10 years old..

To say that my son and I are totally P****D OFF is an understatement.
Plus of course I will have to fork out the excess
:'( >_<

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Total Low Lifers

· 
Posted: 17.11.2019  ·  #2
Indeed , scum is the word.... and if apprehended by the law it’ll be just one more conviction to add to their tally.......
We live in a society ruled by morons that allow these scum to cause untold suffering and grief to the masses who pay for their existence in the first place.
Hoping you get things sorted, just another think to have to deal with.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2019  ·  #3
Little s #%es. Just cos most of them have nothing and never will, cos they won’t get up off their arse to earn it, they think it’s great fun to destroy what others have spent a lifetime working for.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2019  ·  #4
That kinda thing really puts my blood pressure sky high. The day lights needs to be knocked out of the buggers. Everything has obviously been handed to them on a plate and they have not appreciation for anything nor respect. If they end up in court some do holder gets up and pleads for them and they get off Scot free. I was brought up with very little but one thing that was drummed into me was to respect other people and their property.

Liked by: big LIam, CHAUSSON, eirebus, johnnymac, panda, +deleted user

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2019  ·  #5
That sucks. Hearing stories like that reminds of that line in Pulp Fiction when Vincent talks about someone keyed his car. Something along the lines of “It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.” The only problem is, they were probably only minors so could have ended you in more trouble if you did catch them.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, panda

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2019  ·  #6
panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2019  ·  #7
Sorry to hear that David and Maureen.....Scum is too good a word for them :devil:

Liked by: eirebus, ntg

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2019  ·  #8
Scum of the earth, sorry to hear that.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2019  ·  #9
I had a of wee sh*** drop a brick on my MH from a bridge over the M1 when passing Lurgan way back. I saw him raise it above his head to throw and changed lanes quickly. I wasn’t quick enough but luckily it struck a piece of checkered plate used for standing on the roof and did no damage. It was a good job I didn’t catch him

Liked by: Ally, CHAUSSON

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.11.2019  ·  #10
Well first the good news (Well maybe) is that the caravan will be repaired.
The bad news is that parts are no longer produced or obtainable for my van.
The Insurance guy who inspected told me that normally they would have replaced the whole side but this is not possible as
1. There are no new sides available
2. There are no decals available
3. The design of the awning rail has changed and the old design yes you have guessed it is no longer available.

The solution I am told is that they will cut a hole in the side of the van and weld in a new piece after replacing the damaged insulation. This will get over the need for new parts (Decals and Awning rail)
He tells me that I will not be able to see the join not sure myself and more than a bit worried about this, I am also not sure if I am allowed to reject and what would be the consequence if I did.
Oh and finally the nearest people who can do this work are about 100 miles away from where my son lives (and where the van is stored) but just a few miles from my home, and they tell me that according to the policy wording I will have to go and fetch the van and take it.

Guess its now a matter of waiting

Has anybody rejected insurance repairs and tell me what happened,

Sods law we decided last year that we would changed the van and almost did but decided to wait until Spring 2020. Guess that is the only bit of good from this if we had changed it would have been the new van damaged.

Liked by: maz

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.11.2019  ·  #11
Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.11.2019  ·  #12
Quote by the fat controller

I would say if you reject the repair offer they will write it off

Yup that's my thoughts.

Liked by: GMAC

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.