Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Irish ferries customer service

· 
Posted: 13.11.2019  ·  #1
A while back in another thread I indicated that I had written to Irish Ferries about the W.B. Yeats and it’s lesser standard of service.
That was on the 3rd October. Today 13th November I got a reply.
Just for the craic I paste the original email I sent and below it their reply, which was just as pathetic as I was expecting!!

———————————————————————————————————————————————

I look forward to your explanation of the ‘environmental’ charge which you have decided to levy in 2020.

I made three (3) return trips to France in 2019. The last returning on 29th sept. I fail to understand how this charge is justified on a ship that entered service this year and must surely comply with all current legislations. None of my trips this year was subject to this ‘levy’.

I would also like to ask why there is such limited outside on deck seating, approx 12 tables with seats on one part of the port side only where the smokers congregate. Badly designed too since they are flat and allow rain water and salt spray to lie with little chance of run off. One of the pleasures of Oscar Wilde was the ability to sit on either side or the stern for parts of the trip. Will you be taking steps to rectify this poor provision?

How can a ship entering service in 2020 not have WiFi in all sections of the ship, including cabins and what service there is is very poor, really a waste of time.

It is noticeable that customer service is slipping, no one on the car decks to greet you with a car deck sticker, no longer hand towels supplied in the cabins, no easily consulted menu and price list in the cafeteria. Just various screens showing segments of what is on offer. Difficult to price a selection prior to purchase.

All in all an average ship providing an average service and experience. Disappointing and certainly not an improvement on the Oscar Wilde. I look forward to your reply in due course.

And the reply received today,

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Irish Ferries have introduced an Environmental charge per passenger, that contributes to the cost of compliance to meet the 2020 sulphur directive. The International Maritime Organisation (IMO - the regulatory authority for international shipping) has set the 1st of January 2020 as the implementation date for a significant reduction in the sulphur content of the fuel oil used by ships, and this is included in the EU legislation Directive EU 2016/802 addressing sulphur oxides emissions from shipping in the EU.

We thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback in regards to the seating on the outer deck and WIFI onboard. We welcome all feedback good and bad as this goes a long way to helping improve on the overall service offered.

We have noted your feedback with our team onboard and onboard services team for review. At present we have no plans to further extend the seating on the outer deck.

We are also currently looking to introduce a premium WIFI service onboard which we are currently trailing to ensure the range can be reached throughout all cabins onboard. WIFI service is currently offered on the passenger deck, club class lounge, club cabins and above.

Again we thank you for your welcome feedback.

Kind Regards,
John Mullett
Customer Support

Davy

Liked by: sprinter

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Irish ferries customer service

· 
Posted: 13.11.2019  ·  #2
Bloody useless reply.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.11.2019  ·  #3
Took long enough to reply, and what a waste of time replying,

Good on you Davy for sending the email in the first place,

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.11.2019  ·  #4
Standard couldn't care less ferry company reply, although they are all charging the environmental charge 😠

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.11.2019  ·  #5
TippOff
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.11.2019  ·  #6
You did well to get a reply. I made a complaint in July 2018 (yes 2018) regarding their premium service which we paid for on the Rosslare/Pembroke route. We should have been boarded first and were actually last to board on both legs of the journey. Guess what - only received an automated reply stating very busy and would get back to us asap - still waiting.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.11.2019  ·  #7
Already carry a cool box onboard each trip. Maybe need to add two of those £5 folding chairs.

Liked by: eirebus

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Irish ferries customer service

· 
Posted: 14.11.2019  ·  #8
Sure if you book club class you will get FREE nibbles and comfy seats.
It's only €80 per person each way.
S.T.I.F.Co.at their best.
And it looks like they sent some of their excellant customer service people on a free transfer to BF in Cork.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.