Battery Drainng

sheedyc
Subject:

Battery Drainng

· 
Posted: 03.11.2019  ·  #1
Hi Folks,

Looking for advice, i have c1 carioca 10 02 . i only have it since end of august and everthing was fine with engine battery but in the last few weeks it was draining after less than 2 days idle . It started with jump so i got a new battery and a new leisure battery and now the same thing is happening.The only thing i got done before this issue is a reversing camera but that is off when not in use so i dont know whats draining it any ideas please?

Thanks

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Battery Drainng

· 
Posted: 04.11.2019  ·  #2
A friend had a similar problem, the engine battery was going flat overnight.
Two mh dealers and one base vehicle dealer failed to identify the cause, the problem was cured by fitting a battery isolator switch which needed to be turned off when parked up (for overnight or longer) and turned back on when moving on.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Battery Drainng

· 
Posted: 04.11.2019  ·  #3
There must be a draw of power in the system somewhere. simple test first turn everything off, disconnect the leisure battery, shut doors. take off the engine battery earth lead wrap a single strand of wire from a multi-strand cable around the earth clamp and touch it off the earth pole of the battery if there is a short ( a spark from the wire ) you have something running. Then start removing the fuses one at a time, ( make sure you know where each one goes back to ) do the test after each one, therefore eliminating all the systems one at a time
If you get a big draw of power, start unplugging relays. I had a recent problem with the glow plug relay which must have been drawing power for a few days before it melted and shorted out.

sheedyc
Subject:

Re: Battery Drainng

· 
Posted: 04.11.2019  ·  #4
Thanks very much for the replies I'm going to try this out.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.