Christmas Shopping in Dublin

Park up your Motorhome and spend the night in Dublin

Nicola20
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #1
Are you coming up to Dublin to do your Christmas Shopping this year ? Why not make the most of it & park up your Motorhome overnight for only €25, open all over the Festive period and on the bus route into the City Centre. Situated on the grounds of the famous White House pub which is probably the best dressed pub at Christmas & has live music every weekend.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Christmas Shopping in Dublin

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #2
Has anyone used this parking, €25 a night seems quite expensive considering it's not a campsite but a secure pub carpark with facilities we already have on board our van's

Liked by: sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #3
€25.I think they are living in dreamland, a tenner if you don't buy any food or drink, would be more like it

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #4
Is there a discount for people drinking or dining in the hotel? 25€ is quite expensive, what exactly is included in that price? I stayed in the hotel last year before an early flight out of Dublin Airport and it is not that near to the city centre.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #5
Salmon Leap is a much better alternative, free on the quid pro quo of having food/drink there and a faster and more frequent bus service AFAIK

Liked by: panda, sprinter

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #6
Yes, I was thinking the same and just as near. The salmon leap is great and should be supported, plus I am saving on the m50 toll too

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #7
Quote by <BM>

Salmon Leap is a much better alternative, free on the quid pro quo of having food/drink there and a faster and more frequent bus service AFAIK

Have to agree with that, much better city access and free as long as you give them some custom which is only fair

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #8
Does anyone know how long the bus takes to go to the city?

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #9
From the Salmon leap

Galldar
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Paddy the Pilote Galaxy 78MX
Base Vehicle: Citroen 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #10
About 20 mins from the White House to O’Connell St on Bus Eireann 103 anyways if you do decide to stay there

Liked by: TommyS

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #11
Thanks Galldar

Nicola20
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #12
Quote by eirebus

Has anyone used this parking, €25 a night seems quite expensive considering it's not a campsite but a secure pub carpark with facilities we already have on board our van's

It's not a campsite as in there are no tents allowed but a safe place for Motorhomes to park overnight in a secure compound away from the pub, the price includes, electricity, showers, WIFI. There is a TV area with Netflix, a kitchen are and a Vending Machine, There is also an iron and hairdryers on hand.

Nicola20
Subject:

It's not a carpark it is a safe and secure compound with all campsite facilities

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #13
Quote by sprinter

€25.I think they are living in dreamland, a tenner if you [u]don't buy any food or drink, would be more like it

It's not a campsite as in there are no tents allowed but a safe place for Motorhomes to park overnight in a secure compound away from the pub, the price includes, electricity, showers, WIFI. There is a TV area with Netflix, a kitchen are and a Vending Machine, There is also an iron and hairdryers on hand.

www.camperparkdublin.com

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #14
That doesn’t sound too bad to me, considering you are at Dublin prices. A discount of €5- €10 if you eat there, or have a couple of drinks, would do a lot to persuade people to use it. The issue being, most Motorhomes have showers, tv, etc etc,
It appears again to be a mix up of thinking Motorhomes are the same as caravans...... which they are not. Still Christmas time, Dublin, secure, overnight, €25 with facilities, I hope it gets a chance

Liked by: ntg, panda, sprinter

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #15
Have to agree with you David 100%, Nicola forwarded the info and while it will not be everyone's cup of tea it might suit some.
Christmas time Dublin and I would think that there will not be many establishments offering parking for motorhomes.
Everyone can choose if it suits or is too expensive.

Liked by: panda, +deleted user

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #16
Is there anyone on the forum who has used here, I'd say the answer is no and the main reason is the price, you'll have to get realistic on the price Nicola20 you're charging for facilities we don't need, if you brewed your own stout would you buy Guinness

Liked by: CHAUSSON

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #17
Quote by eirebus

Is there anyone on the forum who has used here, I'd say the answer is no and the main reason is the price, you'll have to get realistic on the price Nicola20 you're charging for facilities we don't need, if you brewed your own stout would you buy Guinness

Dave i am only making the point that yes she may be charging for services that does not suit everyone,but if it does suit someone then let them pay and use it.
I love a freebee as much as anyone,but i will pay if it suits my arrangements.

Liked by: +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #18
I’d say, let’s wait for the outcome of the poll recently run. A lot of new, younger with families, members that may well be interested in this. For some it’s all about the money, for others, it’s all about facilities and convenience. Neither is wrong, just what you are into. I for one would use it, if I was into the Christmas shopping/ city day out thing. €15 in kilfinane with very little around you, or €25,( maybe we can coax a €5 off 😬, if you spend in the pub, ) to be on a bus run into the Capital city. Sounds fine to me. One round in the pub and there’s your tenner gone. Not saying there is anything wrong with kilfinane now. 😇

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2019  ·  #19
I hope this stop works out as the more stops we have the better

Liked by: Ally

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.11.2019  ·  #20
So it is located St Margaret’s, Ashbourne area at the back of the airport, a lot if airplane noise?

Liked by: AdiH

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.11.2019  ·  #21
From rumour control. A pint in the Temple bar in Dublin is €10?

So to park a Motorhome in Dublin for €25 and drink your own beer is an absolute bargain 😁

Liked by: ntg

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.11.2019  ·  #22
Quote by Nicola20

Quote by sprinter

€25.I think they are living in dreamland, a tenner if you [u]don't buy any food or drink, would be more like it

www.camperparkdublin.com

Hi, Nicola am I correct in thinking you have an interest in this facility? so we don't get off on the wrong foot here, the heading is,

Park up your Motorhome and spend the night in Dublin

To me, thats overnight parking and get somewhere to stay in Dublin Its not worth €25 to park

I see that now you include( www.camperparkdublin.com ) in your post.
we are not looking at a pub carpark but a proper Motorhome parking site, having looked at the website and the facilities provided €25 euro for a van and EHU for two or a family is not bad value. We all would welcome a new Aire close to Dublin, You might consider a discount on dinner as a bit of an incentive and think about unoccupied parking for motorhomes with a Taxi deal to the Airport. it would be very handy for people flying away on short weekend trips.especially for anyone outside of the Dublin or near counties
I wish you well with it.

Liked by: Ally, ntg, wanderingaimlessly, +deleted user

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.11.2019  ·  #23
Quote by Daffysparks

I’d say, let’s wait for the outcome of the poll recently run.

I wouldn't get too hung up on that poll David, we were asked to vote on what we would pay and we had to choose one option, I personally could tick all the options as we use Aires free, paid and Campsites also. You mentioned family meets and might get a lot of interest in them and when you put them on the people that voted for them might not support them, That happened us in the past. I agree it is a guide and you have to start some place.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.11.2019  ·  #24
All very good points Pat. I’d hope now that there is an actual club, that people are more interested in attending meets, surely that’s one of the main reasons to join a club. I know there are other reasons too. All we can do, is wait and see what happens

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.11.2019  ·  #25
Quote by Daffysparks

All very good points Pat. I’d hope now that there is an actual club, that people are more interested in attending meets, surely that’s one of the main reasons to join a club. I know there are other reasons too. All we can do, is wait and see what happens

You made a good point there yourself David, seen it is a Club it should be easy enough to do a bit of research on members eg where they are from, their age profile, have the kids or Grand kids, when are they available to attend meets, do they spend long periods touring abroad, if so what time of the year are they away and did they join the Club for meets or for some other reason. I suppose the answer to that is that those that did vote are the only ones interested in meets.

Liked by: sprinter, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.11.2019  ·  #26
Hopefully it’ll give us a steer anyway

Liked by: CHAUSSON

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.11.2019  ·  #27
The poll is private, in a private club section of the forum. This is a public forum "motorhome parking" and the poll and meets is not significant to "Camperpark Dublin".

Galldar
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Paddy the Pilote Galaxy 78MX
Base Vehicle: Citroen 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.11.2019  ·  #28
Quote by R&N

So it is located St Margaret’s, Ashbourne area at the back of the airport, a lot if airplane noise?

Could be, though it’s normally planes that are landing flying in from that direction so wouldn’t be as much engine noise.

Micklad
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: camper van conversion
Base Vehicle: Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.11.2019  ·  #29
I rest my case I posted earlier on the Christmas shopping in Belfast and even with the exchange rate why would you even bother parking in Dublin? 25 Bob to park get a grip and cop on its get people in you need not driving them away.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.