TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Docking lights

· 
Posted: 23.10.2019  ·  #1
I have bought 2 car flood lights as the reversing light on the MH doesn’t give enough light when reversing. Over the years I have this problem when reversing into spots. I intend to have them on a separate fused switch from the dashboard. My question is: Am I better to run a single core wire and use the chassis as earth or run a double core wire from my feed. I hope to fit them behind a chassis outrider where they are protected from dirt and stones etc

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

Re: Docking lights

· 
Posted: 23.10.2019  ·  #2
I'd run two, but you'd get away with one if you're limited on connections. Just make sure you strip back to bare metal if you are connecting to a point on the chassis, and then put some paint over the new connection to stop it from rusting.

Speaking of backup lights...

We were parked by Charlesfort in Kinsale last weekend and a camper van arrived, looking for a spot for the night I suppose. When the driver put it into reverse to back into the spot, night became day! I've never seen anything like it. they had an LED lightbar fitted across the back of the camper. Probably 4ft long (the led bar). Amazing light from this thing...

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.10.2019  ·  #3
Thanks Kevin. I intend to put them under the van and light up the area I am reversing into hopefully not to annoy anyone by lighting up the whole area. I have 2 x18 w leds

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Docking lights

· 
Posted: 23.10.2019  ·  #4
Quote by TommyS

Thanks Kevin. I intend to put them under the van and light up the area I am reversing into hopefully not to annoy anyone by lighting up the whole area. I have 2 x18 w leds

Consider putting some down lights over the wheel arch to show where exactly the wheels are in relation to kerbs etc. I have two on my sprinter an find them very useful.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.10.2019  ·  #5
I'm hoping that the floodlights will let me see where the wheels are. Just need a dry day now to get them on

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.