Ploughing Championship - Late Arrival

Sinok123
Subject:

Ploughing Championship - Late Arrival

· 
Posted: 15.09.2019  ·  #1
Hi all,

My first post on this site, new to campers, purchased our first one early this summer and we are finding our feet with it. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the ploughing championship, specifically with late arrival. We have quite a way to travel and wont be leaving until at least six in the evening on Monday, so probably won't get there until 9.30 ish. Would this be an issue?

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: Ploughing Championship - Late Arrival

· 
Posted: 15.09.2019  ·  #2
I wouldn't think so, I've been to a few and have seen very late arrivals without any problems. You could give them a ring tomorrow just to make sure. Don't be in any hurry to leave and you'll miss the worst of the traffic, or better still wait until late morning on the next day. Enjoy the event and check out everything. :up:

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2019  ·  #3
As far as I know that alot of the routes are only operating in a single direction at peak times.
Mornings time all roads lead towards the site while evening times the traffic is in the opposite direction.
It's also worth noting that the N80 is closed from Carlow town to Bunclody for the duration of the ploughing.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2019  ·  #4
No problem, Always around that time we arrive, I recon the gate is manned 24hr's there are always someone on duty when we come home from the pub. By the way have you registered your Motorhome on the NPA website giving your reg no and contact details etc. I was never asked for them but I think everyone should register so they can contact you if there is any issues with your van etc.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2019  ·  #5
Quote by CHAUSSON

I think everyone should register so they can contact you if there is any issues with your van etc.

I agree with you there pat, it's easily done online

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2019  ·  #6
davetherave
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Compass Avantgarde
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2019  ·  #7
I’m heading there Wednesday evening so I can spend all day there Thursday. I have registered with the campsite. The only concern I have is meeting all the traffic coming against me on the way there.

Sinok123
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2019  ·  #8
Thanks for all the replies guys. We had registered with npa online and all was very straightforward. There were plenty of people arrived us. Traffic was pretty light last night so no major delays. We left today around half four and we didn't encounter many delays at all. Whether it was down to leaving early or an excellent traffic management plan, I'm dont know, but all turned out very well. Thanks again.

davetherave
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Compass Avantgarde
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.09.2019  ·  #9
We left from Galway on Wednesday evening. Apart from some of the roads on the route being very narrow no problems at all. The kids had a great time.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.