eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Article on lithium batteries

· 
Posted: 26.08.2019  ·  #2
Just priced a 100ah battery 1200 pounds, afraid its old fashioned lead acid for me,

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.08.2019  ·  #3
Quote by eirebus

Just priced a 100ah battery 1200 pounds, afraid its old fashioned lead acid for me,

Yep same for me but it will be interesting to see if prices drop in five years time but they would have to drop a lot before I switch.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.08.2019  ·  #4
Clive Mott is a highly respected Motorhome journalist and has made many good contributions down through the years.

You should also investigate this site. http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/ Read their take on lithium and also the article on campaign for battery change.

Alan, who passed away a few weeks ago, was probably the most knowledgable contributor to many forums on all things electric. The thing that stood him apart from others was that his firm does not sell batteries and hence are as impartial as you can get on best value batteries.

The article on lithium is well worth the read, and as for the NCC battery scheme, well it is now under investigation by trading standards due to the fact that it does not appear to stand over the claims it makes for the batteries.

AandNcaravans are essentially a repair outfit for anything electrical (particularly control systems) and have years of experience in battery quality, suitability and lifespan. Items that appear in magazines such as MMM (out and about live) are always subject, in my mind, to editorial pressures. How often have you read an article on a Motorhome that is critical of design or build quality. Having said that, out and about live Motorhome forum contains many good discussions (including some hot and heavy) on lithium and the NCC scheme.

Davy

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.08.2019  ·  #5
There is a guy here: https://www.boost-bikes.co.uk/ thanks to Gavster for the INFO, that does all sorts with lithium batteries, I wonder could he make one....

I had a go on Gavsters bike from there at the weekend, WOW! I want one!

I have emailed him about leisure batteries.

https://www.boost-bikes.co.uk/…ry-service

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.08.2019  ·  #6
I'd expect you would also need a different charging control system on top of the cost of the battery
Gavsters bike was some bike alright

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.