StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Aire, free parking spot vs campsites

· 
Posted: 20.08.2019  ·  #1
Just reading the Terryglass post. It made me think about why MHs use campsites. The obvious in Ireland is service, decent shower disposal of rubbish and then move on.
That said I use sites some of the time in the winter when I don’t necessarily need the above.
Ally alluded to security being able to leave the MH and go off for the day/evening etc. So yes security is a factor but I think about how my site is used and the ability to sit out, cook outside, your space is your space, decent electric to re charge, WiFi, laundry etc all factor in.
So whilst I agree with Daffysparks re pricing it does also make sense to provide different things for different requirements.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Aire, free parking spot vs campsites

· 
Posted: 20.08.2019  ·  #2
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Ally alluded to security being able to leave the MH and go off for the day/evening etc. So yes security is a factor but I think about how my site is used and the ability to sit out, cook outside, your space is your space, decent electric to re charge, WiFi, laundry etc all factor in.

Not all sites are like yours, as you know I have reviewed it before. It's the privacy I desire. I can think of a very large site not that far from you that I didn't like at all, big wide open area.

Electricity? pfft thats for beginners :lol:

WiFi? becoming a thing of the past with mobile networks.

Cook outside, yeah we like that.

Laundry, never been away long enough to need it.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.08.2019  ·  #3
If Swmbo is with me on a trip of more than a week, she does like getting into a campsite, for a bit of extra comfort, also sometimes on a longer trip, it’s nice to set up camp for 4-5 days and just chill, with all the amenities to hand. My point was really, as a new venture that person “might” be better picking one and starting with that customer base upon which to base their financial returns.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.08.2019  ·  #4
Quote by Ally

Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Laundry, never been away long enough to need it.

That was a bit of an unintentional fib! I just remembered when we were last at yours we done our washing!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.