Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Laptop or tablet.

· 
Posted: 20.08.2019  ·  #1
I'm considering buying an inexpensive laptop or tablet, I have to have either a keyboard and mouse as my fingers don't always work on touch screens. I am looking at some refurbished models that seem to be good deals. I want to bring it with me on my travels in the camper for sorting photos and email and don't want an expensive model with a lot of my personal information on it just in case I loose it or it gets nicked. Has anyone experience or recommendations of refurbished machines ?

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

Re: Laptop or tablet.

· 
Posted: 20.08.2019  ·  #2
You'll need a very expensive tablet to be able to handle photos and then adding keyboard/mouse it'll be a bit of a nightmare with dongles and connectors.

On the other hand, you can get a pretty decent laptop for not a lot of money now these days and it'll do everything and you won't need anything extra. Only downside of the laptop is that battery life might be not as good as a tablet but then again, it will depend on each model.

If you're not going to take it out of the van, don't bother with the extra thin laptops, just buy a regular 15 inch one and you'll be golden.

Check Amazon Warehouse, some deals to be had there

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Laptop or tablet.

· 
Posted: 20.08.2019  ·  #3

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.