Dublin to kerry

Driving around kerry

seagrange
Subject:

Dublin to kerry

· 
Posted: 12.08.2019  ·  #1
Hi we are heading to ring of Kerry looking for do’s and fonts while driving around ring of Kerry as areas that are not accessible in a Motorhome regards Sam

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Dublin to kerry

· 
Posted: 12.08.2019  ·  #2
You are best to do the ring in an anti clockwise direction ( N to S.) as that's the direction the coaches take and there is overhanging rocks in the clockwise direction

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2019  ·  #3
Quote by eirebus

You are best to do the ring in an anti clockwise direction ( N to S.) as that's the direction the coaches take and there is overhanging rocks in the clockwise direction

Dave is correct, but we did it clock wise last week because we started in sneem and we would be back tracking if we did it anti clock ways. anyway we didnt have any problem, our Motorhome is nearly 8m with the bikes on the back. we also did the Dingle ring and slea head. I must admit part of the slea head was a bit hairy alright, lucky we met nothing bigger than a car on it. we also did Killarney to Kenmare via Molls gap the wrong way around but got it done before the buses were returning. most of the Buses leave killarney around 11 am doing the ring of kerry I believe and it takes most of the day to complete

seagrange
Subject:

stop Over

· 
Posted: 13.08.2019  ·  #4
Hi thank you for reply also looking for nice place to stop to break up journeys on way down with idea of staying overnight and continue journey next day 🧐

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.08.2019  ·  #5
I would think a good place to stop for a night before you begin the ring would be Inch beach.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.08.2019  ·  #6
Quote by The Rambler

I would think a good place to stop for a night before you begin the ring would be Inch beach.

Another nice place which is just across the bay from Inch if you fancy a quite location next to a high class Bar & Restaurant (Jacks) is Cromane. All of these places are on the Mpi app. We did west Cork and Kerry this year instead of France and couldn’t believe what were missing at home, we had a fantastic Holiday with great night life and you will always meet different people who love to chat. People are going on about the price of Campsites here, with the app you could Holiday for months for nothing if you wanted, it’s a super tool and it is getting better by the day with new reviews and poi’s

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Dublin to Kerry

· 
Posted: 14.08.2019  ·  #7
Ballinacourty House , on the app and got a great review on Charlie and Me last week. Its a near half way as you will get and then on to one of the places in Kerry.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.