VRT help needed

My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

VRT help needed

· 
Posted: 11.08.2019  ·  #1
Hi,
Im researching buying a mid to late 90’s small campervan in the uk. Would be either a Mazda bongo, Toyota hiace or hiace regius. As I need automatic, i’m only looking at japanese imports. Have been trying to find some guidance on vrt online and pretty much hitting my head against a bring wall. Have read its about 13% of whatever imaginary number the revenue calls a valuation but also read somewhere its 30% on campervans with a pop up roof. This really knocked the wind out of my sails!! Would be great to hear from those in the know as I’ll definitely be looking at a pop up roof. Many thanks,
in advance
Craic Lifer
My Motorhome: Matilda.
Base Vehicle: Rust 02-Sprinter German engineered from recycled 1960 Fiats
Subject:

VRT help needed

· 
Posted: 11.08.2019  ·  #2
Quote by bennyyorkie

Hi,
Im researching buying a mid to late 90’s small campervan in the uk. Would be either a Mazda bongo, Toyota hiace or hiace regius. As I need automatic, i’m only looking at japanese imports. Have been trying to find some guidance on vrt online and pretty much hitting my head against a bring wall. Have read its about 13% of whatever imaginary number the revenue calls a valuation but also read somewhere its 30% on campervans with a pop up roof. This really knocked the wind out of my sails!! Would be great to hear from those in the know as I’ll definitely be looking at a pop up roof. Many thanks,
in advance

It is essential that you get the UK Registration Certificate, the UK 'V5', when you are buying your vehicle

Never heard of 30% mentioned. there is a very good blog on Donedeal.
All you need to know about camper vans and VRT.
https://blog.donedeal.ie/2013/…s-and-vrt/
Craic Lifer
My Motorhome: Adria 670DK
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: VRT help needed

· 
Posted: Today at 07:42  ·  #3
Another VRT related question,

Has anybody VRT'd a motorhome recently?
If so what did you VRT and what did it cost you?

Im considering a MH on UK plates but im a bit hesitant as its all hokus pokus with the VRT system,

Thanks
Craic Lifer
My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993)
Subject:

Re: VRT help needed

· 
Posted: Today at 07:54  ·  #4
Hey max, 2003 fiat ducato 2.8jtd, benimar 6000 St l and vrt was €2965
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.