No 220 power please help!

Bocky1983
Subject:

No 220 power please help!

· 
Posted: 08.08.2019  ·  #1
Hi Guys and Gals, we are new to the campervan seen and I gained a lot of wonderful insight since joining.

Recently we purchased a knaus sun traveller 2001. There has been some issues blown fuses which I cant locate, a leak in the skylight which I have a band aid on.

But today it is our first day of been away for a week travelling, I attempted to plug in at my father in laws house to break the journey up going to Antrim. No 220 power coming to the van. We were at a camp site yesterday and plugged in with no hassle.

I have checked the fuse, the cables all the way back to the van and appear to have power going all the way to the external connection for 220 power.

I don't know what else to do. We are due to stay in the van for the week but now it appears that the leisure battery cant charge either which means at some stage no power, which will be difficult with two smallish age 4 n 6.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm currently in Bray if there is someone I could bring it too but if someone can tell me what to do I'm handy enough...

Thanks in advance

Mark.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: No 220 power please help!

· 
Posted: 08.08.2019  ·  #2
Have you checked the trip switches at the 220V entry point of the van

killiand
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993)
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2019  ·  #3
My knaus has trips for the 220 in the wardrobe no where near any others... So have a root!

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2019  ·  #4
Yes check the trips on the fuse box. Might be in a wardrobe maybe as mine is too. I am in Newry if you are heading up to Antrim tomorrow. I can give you some mastic to replace that band aid and you can plug in here to test the 220v. There is a mechanic on site here too who might be able to have a quick look. I’m just off the main Belfast to Dublin road south of Newry.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2019  ·  #5
Mine has a main trip directly behind the plug in point, in a cupboard. It sounds like a trip switch down

Bocky1983
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2019  ·  #6
Ha ha feeling a little foolish right now it was the main fuse in the wardrobe. Checked everything except that.

While were on it do you have any idea where the 12v fuses are kept?

Thanks so much...we will continue our travels...

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2019  ·  #7
If you are driving about during the day you will still be charging you habitation battery. Even better if you happen to have a solar panel already. Yes the trip(s) probably won’t be far from where the mains plug in point goes into the body of the van.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2019  ·  #8
A lot of vans have them under one of the front seats

Bocky1983
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2019  ·  #9
Quote by gavster1

Yes check the trips on the fuse box. Might be in a wardrobe maybe as mine is too. I am in Newry if you are heading up to Antrim tomorrow. I can give you some mastic to replace that band aid and you can plug in here to test the 220v. There is a mechanic on site here too who might be able to have a quick look. I’m just off the main Belfast to Dublin road south of Newry.

That's fair sound of you, thanks for that its above and beyond and very much appreciated.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2019  ·  #10
Chargers in the Knaus are known to give problems charging the battery and have to be replaced, you will still have 240v even if the charger isn’t working, a quick fix would be to buy a car battery charger and connect it to your leisure batteries and plug it in to the240v that way your batteries will be charged for when off grid and it will give you ice to sort the issue out

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2019  ·  #11
@the fat controller
Bucky got sorted,
It was the trip switch in the wardrobe 👍🏻

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.