Are you a

U-shape
L-Shape
Dining area
Dining area with settee
Dining area and a u-shape
Fixed bed
None of the above

Just for curiousity and maybe help people new to MH'ing, Why did you pick the layout you have? What compromises did you make? What would you change? Was it price you went for or layout?

Bronagh
Benny Hill Wannabe
Subject:

Re: What shape are you?

· 
Posted: 15.10.2011  ·  #2
U-shape! Its so bright and spacious, even tho its only a 4 berth we can squeeze way more in around the table :) We had looked at one with a fixed bed at the back but it really closed off the space I felt.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.10.2011  ·  #3
We went for a longitudinal fixed bed, wash room on the opposite rear side with seperate shower. Two swiveling front seats make sitting at the front table quite handy. Table would seat 5 people. Table area can be made up into a small double bed.

Kitchen is curved L shape with plenty of room.

Fixed bed provides a good sized garage/ storage area below.

We went for this layout because we got tired of trying to configure the cushions to make up a bed and we no longer need to carry chairs, tables etc inside the van.

Should have mentioned it is low profile, so no storage over cab.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2011  ·  #4
We went for a fixed bed with a garage, wanted a U-shape originally. Once I seen the garage I thought that would be a great idea, loads of storage and can get a motorbike or two!, in there. We just have a dining table.

Brilliant Motorhome if you need a garage, but there is just no living space, I can't relax and kick back on a dining table. There are other things that just simply annoy me, we choose the wrong one for us. Costly mistake!?

Said I wouldn't change for at least 5 years but we are currently looking at another one. 5 Berth, dining table with settee, kitchen at the back with a very roomy bathroom/shower.

Our dealer Hagans Motorhomes have been very understanding and doing a great deal which is allowing us to change or else we would of been stuck with the one we have for at least five years. It's a brilliant MH, but we can't enjoy our time in it the way we wanted to, so it has to go.

Although I am new to Motorhoming if I could offer any advice for new purchasers it would be LAYOUT LAYOUT LAYOUT! :)

Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.10.2011  ·  #5
Went for a Campervan for everyday use...a day away or stay away vehicle LPG converted to run at 75p a litre and will park like a large car. Side Conversion for me.

Swanner
Bladder Drinker.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2011  ·  #6
U shaped for us. Having spent 6 years in the combi we knew exactly what we wanted and a couple of trips to check out a few confirmed it.

We didn't want to have to make up beds so the ushape lounge will be a pretty permanent bed, same for the kids with the over cab.

The 4 seater dinette is perfect for card games etc in the evening and for us to chill out in the evenings when the kids are in bed.

Herself also likes to nap regularly when were away so having a bed always made up was a must !!

Hope to get away this weekend for a first run but i'm pretty sure we picked right.

Can't agree more with the comments above...layout, layout, layout !!

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2011  ·  #7
Hi all,

U shaped two berth, so that we cant take any one with us!!! The van jumped out at us, probably because it is similar to a caravan layout. I had caravanned For about 40 years (initially with parents) so it just felt 'right'. open and spacious. The overcab is a large transverse cupboard in which we keep the bedding.

Hope to upload some photos when glitches ironed out.

Davy

beegees
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.10.2011  ·  #8
We have a fixed bed with a nice L-shaped sofa at the front which you can stretch out quite comfortably on. Did not want to be making up beds. Anyway there are only 3 of us so we have plenty of space and the front seats swivel giging loads of space in front. It's an A-class.

kilree
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2011  ·  #9
We went for a middle settee setup. We didn't want a fixed bed layout or something that made up into a one sided double - difficulty with the inevitable night time visits!! The centre settee layout serves several purposes - it is the dining area during mealtime, a relaxing lounging area outside mealtime and two single beds at nighttime. We had previously had a caravan with fixed single beds which were fine but the space in the lounge area was small and consequently not very comfortable. Our current setup also enables us to have a decent sized kitchen which houses the dogs crate at night and a superb, accessible and comfortable end bathroom. We have sleeping/storage space in the luton area as well. :up:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.